• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Best library??

Share/Bookmark

Best library??

Hi people, I'm not an advanced user of samplers and libraries. So I'd like some clarification about what are the best libraires. I'll put a list below, these are the libraries I know...feel free to add or coment about others.

- Garritan Personal Orchestra (which I own)
    - Vienna Symphonic Library
    - Miroslav Philharmonik
    - East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra
    - Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra
    - Gigastudio Orchestra
    - Edirol Orchestral
    - Synful Orchestra

What's the best in your opinion among these?

Well I want to do Symphonical Music...Orchestral Music. Mainly film and Tv soundtracks.

Thanks you again...

Best regards...

P.S.: Don't consider the other topic "Sampler Talking", I'd like to delete it.

Post Re: Best library??

Quote Originally Posted by Renan Fersy
    Hi people, I'm not an advanced user of samplers and libraries. So I'd like some clarification about what are the best libraires. I'll put a list below, these are the libraries I know...feel free to add or coment about others.

- Garritan Personal Orchestra (which I own)
    - Vienna Symphonic Library
    - Miroslav Philharmonik
    - East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra
    - Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra
    - Gigastudio Orchestra
    - Edirol Orchestral
    - Synful Orchestra

What's the best in your opinion among these?

Well I want to do Symphonical Music...Orchestral Music. Mainly film and Tv soundtracks.

Thanks you again...

Best regards...

P.S.: Don't consider the other topic "Sampler Talking", I'd like to delete it.
    Hi Renan,

You omitted the Sonic Implants (now SoniVox) Symphonic Collection for Giga 3. One of the best in my opinion...

Best,

Kaveh Cohen

www.kavehcohen.com

Re: Best library??

Suppose you had asked "What is the best guitar?" The answer would be: it depends on what kind of sound you want to get from it, what size and scale neck you prefer, what your budget is, whether you like single coil, humbucking pickups or both, and a lot of other questions only you can answer. There is no real objective answer to this question. I suggest you start going to websites and comparing demos, prices and features. Then, maybe when you have some idea what you actually want come back here and ask people about their experiences with those products. The other product you might want to think about besides those you have listed is Kirk Hunter's new string libs.

Beyond that, my answer is: buy every single one. Then you can't lose

I know exactly what you mean, I'm Guitar Teacher and all you said is true. It depends on the pickups, on the wood, on shape(yes the shape influences the sound) and many other things. But what I want you to say is what is the best library considering: Your previous experiences, your personal opinion. Considering that money is not a problem, what will be the best library, the most equilibrated? Don't need to be perfect in all sections, but at least good. I mean, Good brass, good strings, good percusion, good woodwinds, good percussion. No weak point.

Thank you.

Best regards...

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Suppose you had asked "What is the best guitar?"
    Big Fred,...

that's easy ! LOL

a Les Paul !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMcC
    Big Fred,...

that's easy ! LOL

a Les Paul !!!!!!!

That depends on the purpose...
    I vote for Fleta!

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Renan,

I think most people would agree that Vienna, East West and Sonic Implants/Sonivox are the top of the heap. There have been numerous threads comparing these and discussing the relativ merits of each. You might wanna do a search.
    Among the lower priced libraries, you should also put Kirk Hunter Emerald on your list.
    Please keep in mind that if you get one of the 3 top end libraries, it will take more than one computer to run a complete symphonic template.

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    That depends on the purpose...
    I vote for Fleta!

:-) Jovan

jovan,......
    it was a joke,..

Thank you Matto, you have clarified the things for me. I'm going to search this Kirk Hunter Emerald. At this moment I think it's all I need.

Best Regards...

You also left out Project SAM libraries, which are top shelf.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast