• Register
  • Help

Topic: And the Wind Came Upon the Jonquils in Spring

Share/Bookmark

And the Wind Came Upon the Jonquils in Spring

So with absolutely no time between three jobs, rehearsals, commisions, and life in general, I managed to scrounge up this little ditty. I found it refreshing to take some time to write for my self for a change.

This one is a bit unusual as you will hear. Fairly impressionistic. Hopefully telling a story.

I basically imagined myself as the cool Spring wind passing over a field of Jonquils (Daffodils), swirling and sweeping past; ever-moving, ever-changing, and then back to the sky where it will travel on for eternity.

Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=4260332&q=hi

Re: And the Wind Came Upon the Jonquils in Spring

Catolliver:

Great writing and excellent realization by GPO. Your orchestra sounds really fine. Also, a good name for this piece as it easily depicts the wind's travels as you imagined.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

catolliver,
    cool
    Welcome to the forum, I have not seen you here before,
    thanks for posting!

dpDan

Chris, this is gorgeous work. Well done! Quite a nice
    impressionistic reverie (with maybe a touch of Copland
    looking over your shoulder).

Now. About those three jobs. Please quit them
    immediately. I would much rather you spent your time
    writing, judging by this fine piece!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

P.S.: I might suggest slightly less reverb?

Thanks guys. I really appreciate comments.

DPDAN:

Yeah, I'm fairly new I suppose, about a month or so. I think I've only posted a couple of songs on here before this one. Thanks for the welcome!

David:

HA! I wish I could quit them, however, that's the only thing that enables me to compose at the moment. I'm actually trying to round-up some commissions so I can write more often. But those are hard to come by.

I was a little leary about the reverb myself. I have crap speakers at the moment, so it's hard to tell sometimes how much is too much. I'll try taking it down a bit.

As usual your words are both kind and inspiring. Thank you for listening.

OH! I almost forgot. You asked about the score to Tyr, God of Heroes: The Binding of Fenrir. I do have it on pdf, however I'm not really sure how to post it. The score is by no means cleaned up, but you are welcome to it. Just send me a private message or something if you would still like to take a gander.

Thanks again,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by catolliver
    [You] asked about the score to Tyr, God of Heroes: The Binding of Fenrir. I do have it on pdf, however I'm not really sure how to post it. The score is by no means cleaned up, but you are welcome to it.

Chris
    Chris, you can email me off the "Contact" form (down the page) on www.DavidSosnowski.com -- and when I reply, just send it to me as an email attachment if you like. I'm reticent myself about posting draft scores.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Chris,

What a wonderful work, so full and expressive, and the right orchestration to go with it too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Chris,
    Thanks for posting this, enjoyed listening to it several times and will be hitting it again from time to time. This you should enter in competitions, it would definitely win.

David

Excellent work, catolliver. The woodwinds are amazing in this piece. Very fine stuff, I enjoyed listening to this a lot. I'd say a great potential film piece as well.

~Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Go Back to forum