• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: [MUSIC] The Avengers

Share/Bookmark

[MUSIC] The Avengers

Hi,

Here is my lastest work : The Avengers.

Direct Link : The Avengers.mp3
    Soundclick Page for streaming : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=4258331

Your feedbacks are welcomed

Thanks

David.

Re: [MUSIC] The Avengers

Don't like the transition between the instrument that plays for the first five seconds or so and the second one. Even though I like that first synth sound, it doesn't match the second bit - I would get rid of the first five seconds altogether.

The rest is fantastic. Very appropriate for the theme.

Rich

I agree... Ditch the first part. It's maybe a bit too Spiderman... But its good

Hi Dave,

I really enjoyed listening to this.

I think it's brilliant. It suits the theme of the "Avengers" really well.

I hope you can post some more of your examples here for us to listen.

I am curious to know what Library the orchestral sounds you used came from, and what sequencer you mixed it in.

Thank you for posting it.

best regards,

Steve

Good, but nothing new...

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    Good, but nothing new...

That may be true, but when it comes to Hollywood, "nothing new" can mean work, where as "new" can mean no work.

Good peice David, tho the brass was not panned "correctly". I say "correctly" because if it was your intention to have them sit in a different place, then fine, but if you are trying to emulate an orchestra, well then, it's not, umm, "correct" LOL Plus: there is this low frequency that is simply to much. You probably will need to be in the right room with the right speakers to hear it, but it is really evident right as the peice ends.

Cheers.

Fantastic work, tchoyy!

Indeed it is a common theme, but you pulled it off wonderfully!
    Not much else to add.

You're a very gifted composer.
    I imagine we'll see your name on the film screen one day ( ...if it's not already there)

~Jeff

..and I happen to like the first 5 seconds!.. although I think the second synth begins a half a measure too soon.

Hi dabbler, Marcussen, steve martin, jovan, RiffWraith and jsp2

Thanks for your comments

Good, but nothing new...
    Well I've never said that I wanted to do something new, I'm just working to improve my orchestration in Film music. Just let me do what I like and do something new if you want. Is it a specific rule doing something new to be allowed to post a music here ??

tho the brass was not panned "correctly".
    Well I trust EWQLSO Gold Pro XP in the panning of the brass, I followed them to pan the French Horns from Epic Horns and mix them with those from Gold Pro XP, that's all.

I am curious to know what Library the orchestral sounds you used came from, and what sequencer you mixed it in.
    Sequencer : Cubase SE
    Sampler : K2.1.1
    Instruments :
    * EWQLSO Gold Pro XP
    * VSL Epic Horns
    * Vapor
    * Stormdrum
    * EWQL Symphonic Choirs

Quote Originally Posted by tchoyy
    Well I've never said that I wanted to do something new, I'm just working to improve my orchestration in Film music. Just let me do what I like and do something new if you want. Is it a specific rule doing something new to be allowed to post a music here ??

I accept your standpoint. Please compose what ever you want. And from this standpoint "the avengers" is a really good example and only less improvements are necessary to get excellent film music.
    In the past I listened a lot to different expamples in this & GPO forum.
    What I find is that many people try to compose filmmusic which you can hear in al lot of films of our time. Holywood style. The more bombastic the more applause...
    Now we have an online course in the GPO section. Maybe we will hear in the future a lot of Rimsky-Korsakovs in these forums.

the man with the blue guitar

Nice. Sounds classy, big orchestral -- I was half-expecting a retro-style 70's TV thing (which would be cool, too), or something just too modern and hip and pop. But this would be nice and appropriate for a big-screen treatment of the classic Avengers (none of that Liefeld drek or "Ultimate" nonsense).

This could be fun to explore further, re Daugherty's "Metropolis Suite"; I'd love to hear some of the other themes of the Avengers explored; from the small dramas of Tony's drinking problem or the Vision/Scarlet Witch romance to cosmic stuff like Galactus or the Kree-Skrull War.

I'm rambling, sorry.

Go Back to forum