• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: wierd Ethno Techno in RMX

Share/Bookmark

Red face wierd Ethno Techno in RMX

I just opened up Ethno Techno in RMX again and I get no groove control grooves at all. Just kit stuff.

I've checked modes and I'm not in kit mode, and I get my liquid grooves no problem etc.

Am I doing something wrong or is my installation corrupted?(God knows with all the stuff that we do, and all the updates we do on these PC's, anything's possible) If it is, what is the recommended protocol to fix it. Uninstall?...and if so how(correctly) or just import my CD's in the Sage converter again and overwrite the existing samples in the user Libs or exp Libs.

FYI.... This Installation was done when the most recent SAGE converter was released and it worked fine from what I remember.

I'm not sure what happened to the full grooves, but I sure would like to be able to play them again .

Any ideas?

Cool Re: wierd Ethno Techno in RMX

Hi Guys,

I'm stumped.

I have Ethno Techno imported into RMX via the SAGE Converter, but I get no mixes of any insofar as the grooves go,.... which are the bread and butter for me.

All I get is the elements. I've tried re-importing it and I get the same thing. I've been bumbling around with this for quite a while on my own but cannot figure out what the difficulty is.

I am truly stumped here.

All of my other RMX conversions from SAGE seem to be alright, but Ethno Techno is giving me problems.

I'd really appreciate some advice here from anyone who's got the goods on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks, ... Pat

Re: wierd Ethno Techno in RMX

It might be that I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but I think maybe you are simply mistaken -- there ARE no "mixes" of the Ethno Techno stuff. You seem to be looking for something that's never been there.

If I hear you right, you are saying that in Ethno Techno, in either slice or groove menu mode, you only see "elements" -- that is, the various pieces of each "suite" -- and there are no "MIX"-type choices. Like, for the "sensei" suite, there's no "SENSEI MIX" option. Is that what you are saying?

Yeah, because there's never been a "MIX" option in those suites -- it's always just been the PARTS of the grooves. If you want the mix, you have to put it together yourself.

GRANTED -- I may be wrong myself! But as far as I know, we don't have what you're looking for.

Anyone else chime in if I've got this wrong, too.

The mixes are available to download from ILIO's site as multis.

Hm, maybe it's just me, but: where are they? I couldn't find them on the ilio page... (?).

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    I honestly had NO IDEA. I guess I wasn't paying attention somewhere.

Learn something (cool) all the time about RMX.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Hmmm.... I can't find them - are they only available to people who actually purchased one of the Ilio Expanders (as opposed to people like me who just had the original Akai CD-ROMS)?

Because if so, then suddenly I remember why I don't have those.

yes, I tried to find them after seeing this post, since I had downloaded it quite a few months ago. I know Mark visits this site occasionally.
    It is indeed odd that it is there not in the EthnoTechno the Xpander section but in Ethno Techno the Sample CD-rom section :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Talking Re: wierd Ethno Techno in RMX

Thanks Eric!

Phewww!!!!!!!!! I'm not nuts!!!......... Hey!!! ,...quiet you there in the back Row!!

Go Back to forum