• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL Contrabasson demo-- Ravel's Belle et Bete

Share/Bookmark

VSL Contrabasson demo-- Ravel's Belle et Bete

Here is my performance of Maurice Ravel's Mother Goose Suite - "Les entretiens de la Belle et de la Bete" starring the waltzing clarinet as Beauty and the growling Contrabassoon as the Beast. All instruments are from the VSL VI Symphonic Cube. The reverb is Altiverb 5 Vienna Konzerthaus Large Hall.

http://www.vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=13&DemoId=4898

Thanks for listening,
    Jay

Re: VSL Contrabasson demo-- Ravel's Belle et Bete

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    Here is my performance of Maurice Ravel's Mother Goose Suite - "Les entretiens de la Belle et de la Bete" starring the waltzing clarinet as Beauty and the growling Contrabassoon as the Beast. All instruments are from the VSL VI Symphonic Cube. The reverb is Altiverb 5 Vienna Konzerthaus Large Hall.

http://www.vsl.co.at/Player2.aspx?Lang=13&DemoId=4898

Thanks for listening,
    Jay
    I want to be YOU when I grow up, Jay. This is positively the best mock-up of a Ravel piece I've heard to date. You did yourself, the library, and Ravel, Proud.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Thanks, Peter. Ravel was the ultimate master orchestrator (and a darn good composer to boot). He deserves 99.9% of the credit. But I'll happily take the 0.1% .

Best,
    Jay

The strings are very good. 1:25 to 2:00 is not less than stunning, so much spirit way over samples.

SergeD

my god this is so beautiful it hurts. i know this is for the bassoon, but i've never heard vsl strings sound so good. yes it's a lovely composition, but this realization is stunning.

yep...the the composition is lovely...but also credits have to go to the stunning worked-out library and the absolute competent and vivid realisation of this tune.

I dare to say it is perfect. big words, i don't use em normally. but this is so damn near to the real thing...

thumbs up, man

ps: probably the acoustics has als an remarkable share to the endresult. that room/hall sounds absolutely convincing

That was brilliant work... The funny thing is, although the contrabassoon sounded great, everything else sounded spectacular, the clarinet is great and the solo strings towards were great... Great programming, great playing, great everything...

Go Back to forum