• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where's the GPO Radio Station?

Share/Bookmark

Where's the GPO Radio Station?

Bit of a problem, here.

When I click on the links for thecomposerchannel.com located on Garritan Homepage (or when I type it in the address bar), I get redirected to a compoter consulting firm (!).

Suggestions?

Re: Where's the GPO Radio Station?

Ah, alas poor Yorik I knew him well. ...

Sir!Do you have anything to add to this, sir?
    Styxx

That's strange, I'm not sure where it went off to... The computer consulting firm is that of the amazing Chris Duncan, who put together the Composer Channel and owns the domain.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Gary observed that interest for the station here had diminished to the point where it was no longer making a significant contribution to the community, so he decided to end the project. Since it's taken people this long to notice that the station is gone, I'd have to say he was right on the money with his assessment.

With the web site no longer up, I've redirected requests to my company site, which is my standard practice for any sites that I shut down.

It was fun!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Gary observed that interest for the station here had diminished to the point where it was no longer making a significant contribution to the community, so he decided to end the project. Since it's taken people this long to notice that the station is gone, I'd have to say he was right on the money with his assessment.

With the web site no longer up, I've redirected requests to my company site, which is my standard practice for any sites that I shut down.

It was fun!
    Indeed it was! Sorry to hear it, but thank you so much Chris for your time and dedication to it, I really enjoyed it and I'm sure many of my fellow forum members appreciate your hard work as well!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: Where's the GPO Radio Station?

Funny, I'm getting a faint sound on my AM 1520 station here out of Cheektowaga, New York. Hmmm, shhhhhhhh, let's listen .................. Yup, its a big THANK YOU to Mr. Duncan and staff and Mr Garritan for giving us all the opportunity of having our music on internet radio! It sure was fun and I am going to miss my daily morning Composer Channel breaks, lunch and dinner!

Thanks all for making this possible! Goodnight, and may Gowd Bless! (As Red Skeleton would have said.)
    Styxx

Wink Re: Where's the GPO Radio Station?

Sorry to hear of the end of TCC Chris but a big thanks to you and Gary for putting it up in the first place. It made a lot of people very happy. Thanks so much.

Eric

Yes, my thanks to Chris too for doing such a fine job of creating an entertaining, well-organized platform for everyone's compositions over many months. Sorry it has now been put to bed.

Tom

Well of course people lost interest in The Composer Channel! They had over 200 composers contributing music, but they only played a couple dozen in rotation. I searched the schedules every day as far ahead as the schedule goes, and it's always the same playlists.

Sorry to see it go. I was having a lot of computer problems when I first found this site and was not able to get it to work to listen, and I guess when i finally got all my computer problems/computer operator problems solved, I had forgot about the station and never tuned in. Thanks Chris, for putting all the work into it, and sorry I didn't give it any support.

David

Go Back to forum