• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems With EWQLSO Gold Edition and Sonar 5

Share/Bookmark

Problems With EWQLSO Gold Edition and Sonar 5

First off this forum is nice, first time here. I just bought the EastWest Orch. Gold; installed it; installed the 2.5 Gold Library update and the DFD update. It will play with no problem standalone but when I try to use it as a VST in Sonar 5, there is no response at all. I checked my DXi/VST instrument track to make sure the channel was set up right, which in was and still nothing. It will load sample, but it will not respond to MIDI (ie. if i press a key, nothing happens). Even if I click a key on kompakt no sound is produced. Please help if you can.

Re: Problems With EWQLSO Gold Edition and Sonar 5

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same problem?

That depends on your controller, midi interface and whether or not you have changed the channel in the EWQLGO player. Each channel can play on it's own midi track.

If you play in Kontakt 2, then you may have to create submix tracks pointing to the right midi channels as well.

It can be very confusing.

I use EWQLSO and Sonar 5 and a CME UF8 midi controller through an EMU 1820M without any problems.

Mike

I finally got this working. I'm not sure if everyone has the same problem but for me, under the Options -> Audio Options menu, the Playback Timing Master was set to "None". I set it to 1: EDIROL UA-101 1:0ut 1 (or whatever your card is) and re-ran the Wave Profiler. This seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Karim

Go Back to forum