• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO editions: diffrences between sibelius,finale,overture ones?

Share/Bookmark

GPO editions: diffrences between sibelius,finale,overture ones?

Hi. I have seen that GPO has diffrent editions for this three mentioned programs: Overture, Sibelius and Finale. Since is not much diffrent from the price of the GPO standalone, i will thank if you can give me this information:

-This GPO editions, works with other hosts or only with the one that bundle it? In wich case?
    -There exist some diffrence in the quantity/quality of the sounds between this bundled versions with the standalone one?

Thanks very much your answer, just trying to decide before buy.

Marce.
    Marcelo Colina

Re: GPO editions: diffrences between sibelius,finale,overture ones?

The regular, full GPO will work with all 3 programs.

However, Finale comes with a Finale version of GPO, designed to work within Finale, at no extra cost. It's just part of the whole Finale package. If you have full GPO, additional instruments are added.

The Sibelius version of GPO has more instruments than the Finale edition, but is an extra cost. It is programmed to work easily within Sibelius. If you have the full GPO version, getting the Sibelius version is about $50 I think.

Overture has no specific GPO version. It works with full GPO.

As far as I know, the quality should be identical with each version.

Hope that helps,
    Jeff

The samples for regular GPO and for Sibelius are identical. However, the instruments are a little different. Not that Sibelius provides new instruments, but that they are programmed a little differently in a few cases. For instance, the Sibelius instrument for harp harmonics plays an octave higher than the standard GPO instrument.

Sibelius also (supposedly) only works with their built in kontakt player in terms of the special midi controls. However, there is a workaround that allows one to get Sibelius to play it's midi data externally.

Thanks very much your answers, they help me a lot.

Marce
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum