• Register
  • Help

Topic: Archiving Principals of Orchestration: Lectures

Share/Bookmark

Archiving Principals of Orchestration: Lectures

Is there anyway possible that I can archive the various lectures from the Principals of Orchestration onto a CD or hard disk drive?
    It's got alot of great information online, and I don't want to lose/forget the information learned here, but I would like to include lectures, videos and MIDI attachments for offline viewing and save them onto a CD, or a hard-drive...cause who knows if the website ever does go down.
    Any ideas, or will there be a CD coming out, in which I would gladly pay.

Re: Archiving Principals of Orchestration: Lectures

Quote Originally Posted by MitchM2006
    Is there anyway possible that I can archive the various lectures from the Principals of Orchestration onto a CD or hard disk drive?
    It's got alot of great information online, and I don't want to lose/forget the information learned here, but I would like to include lectures, videos and MIDI attachments for offline viewing and save them onto a CD, or a hard-drive...cause who knows if the website ever does go down.
    Any ideas, or will there be a CD coming out, in which I would gladly pay.
    MitchM2006,

Right now the course is a work in progress and we are modifying and annotating the course as we go. The site is is regular archived and backed up so I don't think you have to worry about losing data.

At the conclusion of the course we will most likely do a hard-copy version.

Gary Garritan

Please note that the terms of use for the course state:

"No image, artwork, score, textual contents, sound files, mp3s, MIDI files or other material on this web site may be copied, reproduced, displayed, altered, posted, transmitted, sold or distributed in whole or in part, or for any purpose other than individual viewing of this web site, without the express prior written consent of Garritan Corp."

Please do not copy the couse material, or inform others how to do so, as it is a work in progress and our terms prohibit it. The material is constantly being updated. Once we finish the course we'll let you know about hard copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Please note that the terms of use for the course state:

"No image, artwork, score, textual contents, sound files, mp3s, MIDI files or other material on this web site may be copied, reproduced, displayed, altered, posted, transmitted, sold or distributed in whole or in part, or for any purpose other than individual viewing of this web site, without the express prior written consent of Garritan Corp."

Please do not copy the couse material, or inform others how to do so, as it is a work in progress and our terms prohibit it. The material is constantly being updated. Once we finish the course we'll let you know about hard copies.
    My apologies Gary, I obviously didn't read the terms of use carefully enough before posting. If and when a hard copy becomes available I will certainly be interested.

Thanks again for providing this course, it has been a much needed kick in the pants to get serious about writing again.

Jon

Thats fine with me too Gary...just as long as a hard copy is in the works...I will be glad to wait and purchase.

Go Back to forum