• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 and Cubse SE.

Share/Bookmark

K2 and Cubse SE.

Simply, I cannot use K2 in Cubase SE. I can load it as a VST yet as soon as I go to load an instrument in K2 it freezes and Cubase closes. As a stand a lone K2 fairs OK.
    Anyone using any Cubase DAW has or had the same problem and if so how did you rectify?
    Styxx

Cool Re: K2 and Cubse SE.

Stixx, I used K2 in both the PC and Mac (my usual one) platforms, and it works properly with my Cubase SE 3.03.

Are you using the last or the old version?

If you are using SE 3.03 and it doesn't works, probably it's a matter of audio driver and memory...

Re: K2 and Cubse SE.

I'm running Cubase SE 1.07 with K2 2.1 on my laptop as a VST... no problems at all.
    This may have nothing to do with your problem but I use http://www.asio4all.com asio program with a factory sound card for this set up.

Yes Fabio I am using the old version of SE. Steinberg lost any record of my registering my copy and insists I never did but I have the code and sent it to them. Needless to say they insist they do not have a record of my copy. I wanted to upgrade to SE 3 and could have for a nominal fee. There is no sense in spending full price. I've decided to go DP 5 once my studio opens in October.
    So, maybe that's the reason? The older version cannot handle K2?
    Styxx

As I posted above, Styxx, the "older" version works fine with K2. I can assure you it must be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibrish
    As I posted above, Styxx, the "older" version works fine with K2. I can assure you it must be something else.
    Oh, I believe you but I tell you it just will not happen for me. Maybe I need to render all previous tracks to wav first of freeze them before adding in instruments using K2?
    Styxx

Works fine here, old Cubase SE.

Sure I get it. What I'm suggesting is, getting the newer version would most likely leave you in the same place, since K2 seems to work with either.

Under Devices heading go to (bottom) Device Setup:
    Chose VST Multi track and then:

Disk Buffers: 4
    Buffer size: 256K

Then inside ASIO Control Panel:

ASIO Buffer: 512 samples
    Latency compensation:
    In:32
    Out:32

Might have nothing to do with your problem but it was what I needed to do to make mine work. Either way, good luck with it.

I tried working with a midi last night. All the tracks were assigned to SC88 externally via FirePod interface except for the track with "fiddle" which I assigned to K2 and Solo Strad Violin. Everything was going nicely until I tried to save the project. All "H" broke loose and my whole PC froze up. I was able to get out of the problem but lost the session. I'm not worried about loosing the session due to it only being an experiment.
    I did try changing buffer, latency and the works a few times with no positive results. AntiVirus, Spyware and anything else I could think of was turned off during the session.
    For the life of me, I can't figure it out. Really would love to use SSV in this project for the fiddle parts! All I can do at this point is use any one of the GPO solo violins which work fine but hey, they're not SSV!
    Styxx

I still cannot use K2 with any instrument in Cubase SE. Alone, slightly possible. With other tracks (audio or midi) totally impossible! What a waist!

Styxx

Go Back to forum