• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need wireless (QWERTY) keyboard opinions

Share/Bookmark

Need wireless (QWERTY) keyboard opinions

I just moved my main machine into the computer room. One problem, it has a USB wireless keyboard, and as was suggested in a recent post, USB doesn't like extensions longer than 16.5 feet.

I need about 25 feet of extension in order to put the wireless receiver on my desk. I don't think the wireless receiver will pick up a signal through a solid door, or will it?

So my question, for those that have machines in seperate room...

What type of keyboard/mouse setup are you using? PS2 (which my other machine has and I was able to extend for about 30 bucks), USB with somekind of extension, bluetooth?

BTW, the machine is a PC.

Thanks,

Jfair

Re: Need wireless (QWERTY) keyboard opinions

This is the package I have, but haven't spent a lot of time with it. Its a high end bluetooth solution that has a range up to 60 feet.

Logitech® diNovo™ Media Desktop™ Laser

I've used the Gyration wireless keyboard and mouse. The wireless keyboard is compact. What's neat about the mouse is that you can use it in mid air and do not need a surface. Never tested it beyond 25 feet though.

Quote Originally Posted by jfair
    I need about 25 feet of extension in order to put the wireless receiver on my desk.
    Why does the receiver need to be on the desk? I put the receiver near the floor about 10ft away from my (Logitech) keyboard and it works great.

buzz

Go Back to forum