• Register
  • Help

Topic: Full GPO, K2 Player, and Fin2007

Share/Bookmark

Full GPO, K2 Player, and Fin2007

On this forum, Gary explained that:

"Finale Kontakt 2 Player is a player version of the full Kontakt 2 . . . It is bundled to play the GPO Finale Edition. . . this Player will also play other Kontakt 2 Player libraries that are encoded for it."

Also on this forum, the announcement for the Marching Band states that the library:

"will work on a single computer and/or laptop, Mac or PC platform, Standalone, or plug-in for all major sequencers"

Given these statements, here are my questions:

1. Is the current version of the Full GPO library (which I own) already encoded to work fully with the K2 Player?

2. If not, will it be encoded and available soon, hopefully as a free update?

3. Does "Standalone" mean something like the current Studio setup?

4. Will there be an update to the Full GPO (again, hopefully free or at least for a reasonable fee) that will allow *it* to run Standalone?

Thnx!

DrH

Re: Full GPO, K2 Player, and Fin2007

Quote Originally Posted by DrH
    1. Is the current version of the Full GPO library (which I own) already encoded to work fully with the K2 Player?
    The full GPO library that exists now is with the Kontakt 1 player. It must be encoded to work with the Kontakt 2 player

2. If not, will it be encoded and available soon, hopefully as a free update?
    We are working to port it over to Kontakt2. Before may take a little time to add some features and for MacIntel support to be available first.

3. Does "Standalone" mean something like the current Studio setup?
    Standalone means you can play it without a sequencer, host or notation program.

4. Will there be an update to the Full GPO (again, hopefully free or at least for a reasonable fee) that will allow *it* to run Standalone?
    Yes.

Thanks for the quick reply, Sir Gary!

Sounds great!

DrH

Hello Gary,

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The full GPO library that exists now is with the Kontakt 1 player. It must be encoded to work with the Kontakt 2 player

We are working to port it over to Kontakt2. Before may take a little time to add some features and for MacIntel support to be available first.
    I'm getting confused. When I work with the standalone version of Kontakt 2 or the plugin via Finale I can load "your" GPO Instruments, manipulate them with Kontakt 2. So what am I missing ?

See also my question "Kontakt 2 and GPO" in Tips, Techniques & Tutorials .

Beside that I think that there is perhaps a problem that most of the people only read the "General Discussion". You get more responses if you post a problem there .

Thanks Hajo

PS Still waiting now for Gofriller and of course GPOA
    ---
    ... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn

Go Back to forum