• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Trouble

Share/Bookmark

Trouble

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Lebanon. I can see problems for miles coming here.

Re: Trouble

Yep. Got your tin hat?

Unhappy Re: Trouble

Worry not my British mates!
    I'm sure our glorious, fearless, (and obviously articulate), leader will demand that Israel act in a more responsible manner (like not starting WWIII)....I mean, seeing as how we pay all their rent and all - oh and the F-16's, training, and assorted things that go "BOOM"!

NOT!

__> insert childish comeback - "Hezbollah started it!"
    Who cares? Wisdom is partly defined by ones reactions when one is wronged.
    It must stop now - both sides.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Maybe they should all just finish it and get it over with but keep it over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Worry not my British mates!
    I'm sure our glorious, fearless, (and obviously articulate), leader will demand that Israel act in a more responsible manner (like not starting WWIII)....I mean, seeing as how we pay all their rent and all - oh and the F-16's, training, and assorted things that go "BOOM"!

NOT!

__> insert childish comeback - "Hezbollah started it!"
    Who cares? Wisdom is partly defined by ones reactions when one is wronged.
    It must stop now - both sides.

Hello Pal!

How are you?

Given what you 've just written, i'd suggest you chaps over there in the colonies get TWO tin hats........

The Idiots are coming!
    The Idiots are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    - "Hezbollah started it!"
    Let's see. Hezbollah was formed in response to the Israeli invasion of southern Lebanon in the '80s. Israel's invasion of Lebanon was to attack the PLO who were attacking them from s. Lebanon. The PLO was formed in response to Israel invading and annexing the areas of Palestine allocated to the Palestinians by the UN in 1948. In addition, in 1967 Israel invaded the areas they did not annex previously (Gaza, West Bank, East/old Jerusalem) which they have occupied and illegaly colonised since. This history matters because the US government needs to expect Irael to compromise heavily to achieve any kind of peace.

Does Israel really think it can fight their way to peace.

This could easily escalate. Then I can see Israel striking at Iran, the main support behind Hezbollah. Iran will have a huge incentive to align Iraq by putting in a fundamentalist Shiite government there through civil war. Mixed up in this will be the US and UK and we'll see a firm alliance forming between Iran-Iraq-Hezbollah and Al Qaeda. Nice. (Did someone mention nukes)

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers
    Let's see. Hezbollah was formed in response to the Israeli invasion of southern Lebanon in the '80s. Israel's invasion of Lebanon was to attack the PLO who were attacking them from s. Lebanon. The PLO was formed in response to Israel invading and annexing the areas of Palestine allocated to the Palestinians by the UN in 1948. In addition, in 1967 Israel invaded the areas they did not annex previously (Gaza, West Bank, East/old Jerusalem) which they have occupied and illegaly colonised since. This history matters because the US government needs to expect Irael to compromise heavily to achieve any kind of peace.

Does Israel really think it can fight their way to peace.

This could easily escalate. Then I can see Israel striking at Iran, the main support behind Hezbollah. Iran will have a huge incentive to align Iraq by putting in a fundamentalist Shiite government there through civil war. Mixed up in this will be the US and UK and we'll see a firm alliance forming between Iran-Iraq-Hezbollah and Al Qaeda. Nice. (Did someone mention nukes)
    The reason this is NOT about Israel being in Lebanon "which they have occupied and illegally colonised since" is that Isreal has been completely 100% OUT of Lebanon for years now. That border has been internationally recognized by everyone on both sides of the issue for a while. They also have been completely OUT of Gaza in the south. And now Israel still gets rockets shot into its towns and soldiers kidnapped unprovoked. Well...the provocation is simply existing.

No...this is and always has been about Israel's right to exist period. The fact that there are Jews living and breathing there at all is the motivation. It is not about territory because if it were (as the Hezbollah and Hamas ilk argue) they would have no reason since Isreal withdrew from those terrotories.

Hezbollah and Hamas are acting as puppet armies for Iran and Syria. The weaponry being fired into Isreal right now are Iranian made. Hezbollah is a Syrian group that was trained by Iran and gets millions of dollars from Iran every month. This is a known fact to the world. The Iranian president has publicly and recently said (before all of this flared up), that he wanted to see Isreal wiped off the face of the earth. Well...that to me puts him in the same category as Hitler. And I personally never use that term lightly. They want another Holocaust of the Jews on this earth to happen. And ultimately, this is about "The Great Satan" which they consider is the U.S. They want us dead too. Europe is also not immune and is blind to their global ambitions. If you are not muslum and don't want a global society like that of Iran...then they are aiming at the target they have put squarely on your back. And while this religious war has been going on for hundreds of years, this new conflict flare-up is just the tip fo the iceberg I predict. This will become bigger and will probably be the start of a World War III.

Frankley, there is nothing that can be done diplomatically (in my opinion), when your foe has decided that you should be wiped off the face of the earth at all costs. Period. (And they have decided that) At that point, you either kill them in defense or you are killed yourself. If Cuba were launching missiles into Florida, I doubt any sane U.S. person would be arguing for restraint. If some group in France were rocketing missiles into London at random and the French gov't were ineffective at controlling their own radical groups doing this...I doubt England would sit back and listen to their demands. No...England would attack who was attacking them and do so with a crushing blow...and probably target France's infrastructure in the north so those groups can not resupply themselves and do it again, as well as teaching them a lession about why you can not allow groups like that to exist in your country.

And we won't see a formation between "Iran-Hezbollah and Al Qaeda", there already is. I disagree that Iraq would be in that. Just think of the support they would be given if Saddam were still in power? No...democratically elected gov'ts are their kryptonite. Other moderate arab and muslum states, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey have all made statements strongly against Hezbollah's actions. They are not buying into this one. And afraid of nuclear weapons? We could give them what they want till the cows come home and guess what...they will still use a nuke on Israel and the U.S. if they could deliver it. They want us and Israel dead. No discussion. No diplomacy. I don't understand why people don't get that. The only way to fight them as a result is to kill them instead, preferably before they acquire the ability to use a Nuke on us.

***Caution mean SOB opinion ahead***
    Actually what I would fully support happening to people like this (Hezbollah, Hamas, Iranian military, etc...) is for Israel (or us when in gets that far) to just wait for the next time when those groups have their big military show off parades when thousands of them are gathered in some square, dressed to the tea, marching with all of their equipment in front of their president. You know the videos...the ones with the brigades of suicide bombers marching in a block with bombs strapped to their bodies followed by blocks of high step soldiers, then trucks with ballistic missiles, etc... We (their mortal enemy) should wait for those times and just drop a tactical nuke right in the middle of their "show off" parade and get it over with.

Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

"Launch the Polaris. The end doesn't scare us. When will this cease? The warheads will all rust in peace."
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Listening to Megadeath Danimal?

Unfortunately, the cold war concept and threat of mutually assured destruction does not work in this day and age where the opponent is willing (happy) to fight to the death for their cause and their victory. Heck...with all of those virgins waiting for them...

Simply possessing nuclear weapons is not a deterent. They want to acquire them to use them and I am convinved they will use them the moment they can deliver it to their desired target.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

I'll be more personal (and lite) about it this time around.

My niece was headed over to Israel next week for study abroad, so we’re having a little bon voyage this evening. Probably obvious she's had a change in plans but we’ve decided to get together anyway.

It’s disappointing for a college girl, but a far cry from being stuck in the line of fire like a lot of people are there as we speak... and instead of wishing her well, we can sit around and stroke our goaties about how much smarter we are than they.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast