• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 and GPO

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 and GPO

Hello,

after playing with Kontakt 2 I am not sure whether or not it makes sense to modulate the GPO instruments (violins ) with filters or effetcs etc. As far as my understandings goes I would normally add reverb etc. as the last step.

1. Has someone experience with tweeking GPO-instruments or with GPO-groups in Kontakt 2?

Beside that it is for me a really big learning curve doing this kind of sound forming with natural instruments, although I played long time ago with several synthesizing methods.

2. In that context: Does the Garritan Stradivari needs to be configured in Kontakt 2 or could one use it as is?

3. One interesting item seems to be the scripting language for Kontakt 2.
    Are there already scripts for the GPO-library which could be used as a starting point?

Hajo
    ---
    ... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn

Re: Kontakt 2 and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Hajo
    Hello,

after playing with Kontakt 2 I am not sure whether or not it makes sense to modulate the GPO instruments (violins ) with filters or effetcs etc.
    Go ahead and experiment as much as you like. Remember that EQ modulation already exists in most instruments.
    2. In that context: Does the Garritan Stradivari needs to be configured in Kontakt 2 or could one use it as is?
    It's designed to be used "as is" in Kontakt 2.

3. One interesting item seems to be the scripting language for Kontakt 2.
    Are there already scripts for the GPO-library which could be used as a starting point?
    Here's a start: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ontakt+scripts

Tom

As far as modifying instruments, it depends what kind of sound you want. I'm new at this as I've had GPO for a little over a month and just got Kompakt a few days ago. I needed a stopped horn (big request for the next GPO), couldn't find one. After experimenting with, including using square and saw tooth waves, I settle for taking the muted horn from GPO, adding distortion, increasing (a lot) the upper frequencies, and tweaking the volume envelope, I got a decent stopped horn. If the GPO sound is not what you want, modify away. Careful, be sure to save your any modifications to a new instrument so you will keep the original as is. GPO cannot load an insturment made or modified by Kontakt 2.

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Finale 2007.
    I use GPO full.

How can I use GPO full with Kontakt 2 ? I can just load the GPO Finale instruments, though I can use GPO full with Kontakt 1...

Thanks for your help.

Best,

François.
    François ZAWADZKI-DELISSEN

http://www.francois-zawadzki-delissen.com

Go Back to forum