• Register
  • Help

Topic: A "find" function in RMX/Atmosphere would be handy....

Share/Bookmark

A "find" function in RMX/Atmosphere would be handy....

...for those times when you"re looking for "that" sound with "comet" (or whatever) in the name.....:-)

thx

Nigel

Question Re: A "find" function in RMX/Atmosphere would be handy....

yep, as I mentioned at the end of a previous thread.... especially for RMX a loop search engine within the stylus interface would be a godsend...

There are so many large rex libraries around at the moment thus so much food for RMX that to be able to automatically call up a group of loops all at once based on just a few characters in either their folder name, or scan the entire library to search for loops themselves containing relevant keywords is rapidly becomming a well needed feature...

- for example, I often prefix certain loops with BD, or SNR, or LIVE, HARD, EL(electronic) etc... if you could perform a full search on your entire user library and automatically grab all the relevent loops into the browser for immediate playback it would be great... so long as you could use wildcards in the search it would be extremely flexible, you could have an option to search for just folders with relevant keywords and call up those or even search within all the folders for the actual loops themselves - after that you could easily put them into a specific favourites folder.

It would be true to say that you can use a standard search on the SAGE User Library folder within windows, but of course with this method you couldn't have the loops automatically appear ready for access within stylus, so a loop or folder search option in RMX itself would be a fantastic addition!

I'm sure this will have been requested before, is there one on the cards for the future Eric..??

Re: A "find" function in RMX/Atmosphere would be handy....

You'll see...lots of stuff in the works for the future on many levels....;-)

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Thank you for clarifying that

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

spectrum

Yea, like what Eric?? (sorry, couldn't resist)
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

The big jump for VSL has been making great (well, better) usability to go with great quality. Noone needs convincing that RMX is a fantastic product and actually very user-friendly, but the very success of the format has given us an overwhelming quantity of material which is sometimes awkward to get to grips with.

A simple "next loop, please!" button would be a boon, too! User assignable to a Key Command please -I hate having to click with the mouse for simple repetitive tasks and it's unhealthy too.

I have no doubt Eric & Co. will delight and exceed expectations, as always!!

(BIG GRIN)

Nigel

Go Back to forum