• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture and Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Overture and Kontakt

I didn't see a thread about using Geniesoft's Overture with Kontakt. It's very interesting because one can customize Overture's playback symbols to take advantage of different samples in kontakt for a very realistic performance. For instance, you can create a sfz envelope and program Overture to match whatever trigger you have to set off the envelope. The sky's the limit as I've found. It isn't focused solely on notation and engraving (although those features are pro) like in Finale and Sibelius, but also has a full featured sequencer, humanization, etc. I guess I just see this as a good thread to talk about our experimentations between the most customizable sequencer/engraver and the most customizable software sampler. They're kind of like brothers in arms.
    http://hopkins.composerarts.com

Re: Overture and Kontakt

Yeh, now that Don has posted the info that the Mac version's Alpha will be posted Friday, with a Beta the following week makes it all the more interesting. He said hat the new version will combine both Pc and Mac into one. With the change brewing at Sibelius, this could be a very,very interesting time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hopkins
    I didn't see a thread about using Geniesoft's Overture with Kontakt. It's very interesting because one can customize Overture's playback symbols to take advantage of different samples in kontakt for a very realistic performance. For instance, you can create a sfz envelope and program Overture to match whatever trigger you have to set off the envelope. The sky's the limit as I've found. It isn't focused solely on notation and engraving (although those features are pro) like in Finale and Sibelius, but also has a full featured sequencer, humanization, etc. I guess I just see this as a good thread to talk about our experimentations between the most customizable sequencer/engraver and the most customizable software sampler. They're kind of like brothers in arms.
    O yes, I aggree completely.
    In the "ancient" times I uses Passport, Encore and later Overture 3 for composing purposes. Than I exported my score as MIDI & did all final settings in a sequencer (SONAR).
    Now with Overture 4 this is completely unnessesary, because Overture 4 has very strong sequencer power build in.
    All articulations, expressions, keyswitches & so on can be set using a normal music language (like marcato, staccato, sfz, pizzicato). The possibilites are never ending. My musical output have been increased by Overture 4 more than 100%.

Take a look & download a demo (geniesoft.com).

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hopkins
    Welllll,
    I should have the full K2 by the end of the week

I'm fired up about this...I'm able to get real good playback out of GPO with the K1 PLAYER, so I can't wait to get into scripting, etc. with Overture 4.

I will be doing a lot of experimenting on my own, but I will also be turning to the J&J boys--Jesse&Jovan--for expert advice!

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum