• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Multi problem

Share/Bookmark

Multi problem

Hi -
    I have just bought my GPO - I noticed that no menu appeared when I selected "Multi", and downloaded the missing "Multi" folder - I now get a menu up. My question is - What exactly is a "Multi" ? - I assumed that a multi would give me the capability of simultaneously playing (by MIDI external keyboard), say, a solo trumpet and solo double bass, or other combinations. It only seems to give me a list to choose from, which I could have made anyway from the ordinary menus. Is there no way I can combine voices ? - I thought that was what "Multi" did.
    Richard

Re: Multi problem

A Multi is an ensemble, that loads with one click of the mouse instead of many. It is a shortcut.

You can combine instruments by changing their channel assignments. This is the leftmost (small) number in the instrument pane's bottom line, below CPU usage. You can choose between "OMNI" (all) and 1-16.

Thanks very much for that into - Now, if I wanted to combine two instruments whose ranges do not coincide on the keyboard - for instance, tuba solo, and glockenspiel, is there any way I can do this ?
    Thanks -
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by and7barton
    Thanks very much for that into - Now, if I wanted to combine two instruments whose ranges do not coincide on the keyboard - for instance, tuba solo, and glockenspiel, is there any way I can do this ?
    Thanks -
    Richard
    Yes. Select the same channel for both instruments.

Hi
    What I meant to say was that the two instruments (for instance- Tuba and Glockenspiel) occupy two completely seperate sections of the keyboard - Is there any way I can simultaneously play the two selected instrumentsfrom the same keys ? - If I make the channels for each instrument the same channel number, I can play two together if their pitch range occupies the same region of the keyboard, but what about high and low-pitched instruments ? I want to play the same melody with the tuba and Glockenspiel in unison.
    Richard

OK, I see what you mean now. I am afraid you will have to buy Kontakt 2 for that. Or use a transposing MIDIfx plugin in a sequencer.

Thanks for your kind help with my questions - At the moment I'll just have to play a unison line with two hands for those high/low voices. It will be good practise !
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by and7barton
    Hi -
    I have just bought my GPO - I noticed that no menu appeared when I selected "Multi", and downloaded the missing "Multi" folder - I now get a menu up.
    I miss it also. Where did you download it from? I can't find it.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    I miss it also. Where did you download it from? I can't find it.

Raymond
    It's right above in the Support section here. Always check the "stickies" for update information like this. Here's the sticky: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=45152

Tom

Tom,
    Thank you. And now I also knwo the meanig of the Stickies.

Raymond

Go Back to forum