• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kore over Vstack

Share/Bookmark

Kore over Vstack

I've been using V-Stack on my PC to run all of my soft synths/samplers. It's worked fine for me and my only gripe is that I can't do MIDI sync with it. Also it doesn't seem like it will be updated by Yamaha/Steinberg.

Have a lot of people switched over to Kore? Does it work well. I used to like NI a lot and own the Komplete 2 bundle. But I had a bad experience with them and Guitar Rig 2/Kontrol Rig 2. Basically, I have been beta testing a product for 7 months. It works, but there have been a lot of bugs and they have been slow to fix them. Is it the same story with Kore?

Re: Kore over Vstack

I'm not sure about whether Kore will work fine through Vstack. As far as I know, you need Kore to plug into your main DAW to work - it acts like a dongle.

So far there are few reports about Kore's instability - check the NI forums. Briefly, I found that some people complained about the quality of the built in audio interface... something about noise generating over its outputs.

Also, Kore suck up the CPU resource power, even before you even start to load the instances! I can confirm this. I load less instruments when I use Kore.

I heard both of these problems are due to the drivers, and not the interface itself, so once they have an update these problems will go off. But the question is... when?
    Peter Wong
    NEXUSCREATIVE.COM
    MUSIC . SOUND . MULTIMEDIA DESIGN

You could also check out Brainspawn Forte if you're looking for a stable host with great features. I use it in my live rig since 3 years now and still it hasn't let me down even once. http://www.brainspawn.com

/Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Henningson
    You could also check out Brainspawn Forte if you're looking for a stable host with great features. I use it in my live rig since 3 years now and still it hasn't let me down even once. http://www.brainspawn.com

/Mattias
    Yea, I was just checking that out tonight (Demo Version). V-Stack seems to have some issues with my sound card ASIO drivers - (I noticed that SPDIF sync with the sample rate locked at 48k, was rendering my audio about 1/4 of a semitone flat) - usually I would say, "Close enough!" But that is a little much even - for me.
    Forte locks tight! So now, I have to find some money to grab it. It's still cheap though for what it does. I can even lock to tempo from Sonar through MOL.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Argitoth
    Chainer or eXT if it doesn't kill your workflow.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/261.html

why the hell would you get vstack?
    Went through a trial process about a 1 1/2 years ago. Tried every VST host I could get my hands on. I found VStack to have the best interface and lowest latency.

Also, in regards to an earlier post. I wouldn't use VStack with Kore, I would use Kore instead of Vstack. But it seems like at this point maybe sticking with Vstack is the best bet. NI seems to really be dropping the ball on their hardware/software products. (Gr2/KR2 and Kore). Too bad.

Side comment (besides FORTE' ROCKS!)

There's something really weird about running a standalone softsynth and getting clicks and pops and then running it as a VST hosted by Forte' without any problems.

Ernie

i had problem in forte with VSL VI´s
    it crashed a couple time abd then i went back to v-stack but vstack has this bad 12h no sound problem.

is there a fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Disko300
    it crashed a couple time abd then i went back to v-stack but vstack has this bad 12h no sound problem.
    is there a fix for this?
    Hi D, was the problem reproducable? I'd like to see if I can reproduce it here...

/Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by Disko300

is there a fix for this?
    There is no fix that will get rid of the problem permanently (AFAIK), but you don't have to restart your machine or even V-Stack to get the sound back. All you have to do when the sound disappears is to hit the play button on the transport control (in V-stack), and everything works again (for another 12 hours, at least).

-andreas-

Go Back to forum