• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Good MIDI Drum File Collections?

Share/Bookmark

Any Good MIDI Drum File Collections?

I'm looking for a set of decent MIDI files of drum parts, just want to use them for writing. Ideally I'd like a collection of songs with verse/chorus/bridge parts etc. I just want to send them into Larry Seyer drums for scratch parts while writing. I see an overwhelming number of midi files when I do searches, and an overwhelming number of bad ones when I download them.

Anyone know of any high quality midi drum parts?

Thanks....

buzzz

Re: Any Good MIDI Drum File Collections?

What style?

Larry Seyer's drums come with a number of killer MIDI loops. For each style you typically get an intro, verse, chorus and four fills. You can slice and dice from there. The loops are optimized for either the GM mapping or the full mapping of the Seyer drums.

I found that I have a blast playing Larry's drums live on the keyboard. And then I load some of Larry's MIDI drum loops. And then I'm reminded of what a pathetic drummer I am. The loops don't just sound professional. They have the quality that only the very best drummers can achieve.

And unlike ACID loops, you can take a look inside the MIDI loops to find the secrets of a given beat, and edit to your heart's content.

Oh yeah, the lib isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Larry Seyer's drums come with a number of killer MIDI loops. For each style you typically get an intro, verse, chorus and four fills. You can slice and dice from there. The loops are optimized for either the GM mapping or the full mapping of the Seyer drums.

I found that I have a blast playing Larry's drums live on the keyboard. And then I load some of Larry's MIDI drum loops. And then I'm reminded of what a pathetic drummer I am. The loops don't just sound professional. They have the quality that only the very best drummers can achieve.

And unlike ACID loops, you can take a look inside the MIDI loops to find the secrets of a given beat, and edit to your heart's content.

Oh yeah, the lib isn't bad either.
    Jon, any idea how this library might convert to Kontakt 2? I've had no problem converting Larry Seyers upright Bass, but I think that was programmed for an earlier version of Giga. Great quality to Larry Seyers libraries!

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler
    What style?
    Rock primarily, but if I have to pay for a lib I hope it's got a little of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Larry Seyer's drums come with a number of killer MIDI loops.
    This is excellent to know, however I only have the GigaStudio demo kits for now. I do plan on getting the full lib in the near future. Do you know about how many MIDI songs there are included?

Also I ran across a collection called DrumTrax. Seems pretty large, supposedly created by real drummers, incldes a searchable librarian. But it's about 10 years old so I don't know. Anyone know if it's any good?

Thanks again.

buzz

Why don't you check out EZ Drummer from Toontrak?

Groove Agent & Groove Agent II
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum