• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Guess The Brass!

Share/Bookmark

Guess The Brass!

Since there was some discussion of brass libs recently I thought I'd post this. I know going in that no trained ear is going to mistake this for the real thing, but I think it sounds pretty good considering what was used, which you should get a kick out of. The song isn't finished- there's no guitar or vocals yet. It's for a gospel project I'm doing.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fred...20I%20Need.mp3

BTW, sorry about the mix- it's in a really rough state at this point!)

Re: Guess The Brass!

cool Fred,
    I know what it is....
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    cool Fred,
    I know what it is....
    Dan
    Ah, do ya now!! (Hint: Mirage is wrong!) And JABB is wrong- I don't own it yet and I imagine it would sound much better )

Korg M1.

What did I win?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Prophet 600.

Ern
    Oh come on, it IS sample based *lol* M1 is wrong.

Whatever it is, you've made a great song!

Thanks!! It should rock when there's some guitar and a big choir on there. I may even try and double the brass up with real players...

Thumbs up Re: Guess The Brass!

The brass actually sounds like the good O'l Roland 1080/880/2080Or the Roland Brass CD-ROM..

I play and record Gospel projects in my neck of the woods (Motown)..Things to consider:

-The organ is not realistic at all.. I would definitly use the B4 vsti.. We use in place of the real B3 most time these days. The only synth with realistic Gospel organs are the Kurzweil (2000,2500,2600) in B3 mode....Also, the Rolave JV/XV series with the Keyboards of the 60s & 70s expansion card..

-in Gospel the defacto brass sound is the D-50 synth Brass patch. Listen to Gospel Artist John P.Kee (Show Up)..You'll hear the sound..

Good job..Good toe tappin, shoutin!! music..That's good for the soul..

Jason Miles' Psychic Horns?
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by jjdpro
    The brass actually sounds like the good O'l Roland 1080/880/2080Or the Roland Brass CD-ROM..
    Close enough! It's a Roland RS-9. (It's probably based on those very sounds, dunno...) Considering that the patches are fairly inflexible in terms of articulation I think they do a good job. Like I said, we may go back and track it with some real horns, don't know yet.

I like the B4 fine for some things but the Leslie sim gets pretty fruity on registrations with high drawbars. I'm almost certainly going to replay the organ through a real Leslie for a final version of this unless it winds up so buried that it doesn't matter...

Go Back to forum