• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NI Akoustic Piano or Synthology Ivory?

Share/Bookmark

NI Akoustic Piano or Synthology Ivory?

Which one should I get? NI's sale for Akoustic Pinao for @ $150.

Also, if I have the pianos from Collosus and Kontakt 2 libraries (I also have the GPO piano) do I even need to spend more $$$ on more sampled pianos?

I need some justification before I drop $150 to $340 on another sampled piano

Thanks!

Steve

Re: NI Akoustic Piano or Synthology Ivory?

Hi,

Ivory is a good virtual Piano but some features are still missing like real sympatic resonance. (real overtones rules between keys pedal down and up /sostuneto)

read this :

AKP have his free forum :

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=36607

Olivier

Steve,

If you browse the forum, you will find a pletora of posts comparing/reviewing AKP and Ivory.

Beside, if you have a sampler, pianos of sampletekk groupbuy sales have also to be considered.

Laurent is right....

The general consensus seems to be that AKP and Ivory are about evenly matched, each with its strengths and weaknesses. Largely a matter of personal preference.
    At the current crossgrade sale price, AKP is a really good value obviously, and you will also be able to load its pianos into K2 (.1) for further tweaking.

I think either will be a clear step up quality wise to what you own...whether the investment is worthwhile depends on how important the piano is in your music.

If you are after the best piano sound, Ivory beats Akoustik hands down IMHO. I bought them both last year and haven't touched Akoustik since. If you want a piano that is more CPU efficient, then Akoustik is what you want. My only complaint with Ivory is that it is a HUGE power hog.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7
    If you are after the best piano sound, Ivory beats Akoustik hands down IMHO.
    Seems that you had no play AKP since the last 1.1 update.

ANd performance is improved up to 40% with the new Kontakt 2.1.1 engine.

AKP 1.1 Steinway is better than Ivory Steinway sound. And convolution is more real than reverb.

Bosendorfer Ivory is better than AKP Bosendorfer.

BUt i play the Steinway.

Ivory is amazing....i think ivory is like italy and Akp is France.......3 - 0 !!!! (tomorrow!)

I bought Ivory.

Quite a nice product although I had to spend some time optimizing velocity curves, harndess of the (virtual) keys and so on.

According to Synthogy, a fourth piano (a Fazioli) should be added to the Ivory collection "next week or so". You could give it a chance (if interested). I guess some Fazioli demo will be added to the existing mp3 demos of the Yamaha, Steinway and Bosendorfer.

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    Ivory is amazing....i think ivory is like italy and Akp is France.......3 - 0 !!!! (tomorrow!)
    Arf arf...
    If I compare, I would count :
    Ivory : 1 goal for Steinway, 1 for Bosendorfer, 0 for C7
    AKP : 1 goal for Steinway, 0 for Bosendorfer, 1 for Bechstein

So 2 - 2 after extension, penalty to go........

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    Arf arf...
    If I compare, I would count :
    Ivory : 1 goal for Steinway, 1 for Bosendorfer, 0 for C7
    AKP : 1 goal for Steinway, 0 for Bosendorfer, 1 for Bechstein

So 2 - 2 after extension, penalty to go........

eeheheheh hey guys ....do u know which is the best Program in Ivory for using the Bosendorfer in Orchestral music...the Steinway has the "Orchestral Grand" patch but the Bosendorfer no tnz

Go Back to forum