• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Introduction and Danza

Share/Bookmark

Introduction and Danza

These two movements are meant to be played together, but I've posted them here as seperate files. The instrumentation is Flute, Guitar, Viola, and 'Cello.
    All GPO except the guitar which is Kontakt Silver (via Sibelius).
    About a year ago I said I'd post a piece that was fast. Well, it took a while, but I think the Danza fits the bill.

Introduction:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l1e9/s...troduction.mp3

Danza:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l1e9/s...iles/Danza.mp3

As always, thanks for taking the time to listen.

R. Pearl

Re: Introduction and Danza

Great! work !

Allot of work!.. can't imagine how many hours (Weeks!) involved.

Your "Danza" is certainly the more ambitious and filled with many complexities in harmonics. The flute and Guitar were wonderfully done! Perhaps the String section could be filled out a bit... to bring it forward... seemed to be separated from the rest at times.

I especially liked your " Introduction"... there's a great rhythm line that's quite unique!

Well done..!

~Jeff

Ron, some fine work in these!

The Introduction is fascinating, with its punctuative
    initiation and the beguiling flow of the latter parts.
    And if there is a delicate tenor to it,there is, also,
    too, a subtle vigor.

The Dance, likewise, has a subdued fire about it I
    found entrancing... embers banked, but well aglow.
    The rich textural interplay and well managed rhythmic
    drive under this are quite well done, as well.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Excellent piece(s). Wonderfully rich harmonies and interesting rhythms. The choice of viola and cello for strings is intrigueing. Gives it nice body. Well done, Ron.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Ron,

Excellent works...very interesting and unique. The guitar work in the Introduction must have been an enormous effort to input. The Dance is equally different with its constantly changing punctuations mixed with the flowing sounds of the flute.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Thanks guys!!

Jeff,

Thanks for the nice comments - yes, it was a good number of hours to write. Please tell me if you find a faster way!! Some says four bars, other days 3 pages...

David,

As always, you astound me with your patience (making it through both files!), and your generous comments. It means a lot, believe me. Many thanks.

Bill,
    Glad you liked it! Now, where is your latest?

Gary,

Nice that you noticed the guitar. It actually wasn't too much effort to notate; but then, as a guitarist, I might just be accepting of the nature of the instrument. What may be an intolerable pain to someone else is just "the way it is" for those of us who play!

Thanks for taking the time to listen and respond.

Ron

Ron:

Great compositions......It's amazing how you have made four instruments sound like so many more. Excellent compositional skills here and the rendering is so easy to listen to. Exceptional Guitar work--it really stands out and evidences virtuosity to say the least.

Enjoyed this very much.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Jack,

Thanks for stopping by, and for the kind words. Glad you liked the guitar part. Now, if only Gary could be convinced to add a guitar to GPO...

By the way, you have the most intriguing - and longest - signature of anyone I've seen. i wish I knew what it all meant

Ron

I was surprised at how well the cello, viola, and guitar blend together! What a fascinating texture you have created. The flute stands out as it flies above them with beautiful melodic material. Very well done! I love the variety present in the Danza.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I was surprised at how well the cello, viola, and guitar blend together! What a fascinating texture you have created. The flute stamds out as it flies above them with beautiful melodic material. Very well done! I love the variety present in the Danza.
    Sean,

Thanks! I intended in the Introduction that the cello-viola-guitar wold create a slightly misty/hazy texture - hence the crossrhythms and close harmony. Glad that came across (if that's what you meant!). Obviously in other places they assume more traditional harmonic or melodic roles.

Glad you liked the Danza, as well. If find writing quick pieces difficult. And writing quickly even more difficult...

I appreciate your taking the time to listen.

Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast