• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Suite In A Minor"

Share/Bookmark

"Suite In A Minor"

All,

Here is an excerpt from my "Suite In A Minor", featuring the GPO harpsichord. This is part of the first movement.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Suite In A Minor"

Hi Larry:

Yes it is........"Sweet in A Minor." Good use of the GPO harpsichord. I'll bet Bach, himself, wished he had an instrument that sounded so good.

Question, Larry:

When you composed this piece, did you write it out section-by-section then input to MIDI, or do you compose as you go along.....playing bit-by-bit and then editing, etc?
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Hi Larry:

Yes it is........"Sweet in A Minor." Good use of the GPO harpsichord. I'll bet Bach, himself, wished he had an instrument that sounded so good.

Question, Larry:

When you composed this piece, did you write it out section-by-section then input to MIDI, or do you compose as you go along.....playing bit-by-bit and then editing, etc?
    As I do with all of my original works, I compose in one single train-of-thought in the MIDI format and then I insert instrument samples from a library and mix down to audio. I then do an audio to mp3 conversion.

Thanks for listening and thank you for your comments.

Regards,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Great work, Larry!

As always, I'm amazed at your skills...You seem to create in the style of Baroque so effortlessly.

... and fast!

Dang... it takes me several months just to finish something!

Nice work!

~Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    Great work, Larry!

As always, I'm amazed at your skills...You seem to create in the style of Baroque so effortlessly.

... and fast!

Dang... it takes me several months just to finish something!

Nice work!

~Jeff
    Don't be in a hurry, Mr. Jeff. Slow and easy will beat fast and furious every time.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Nice job on this, Larry -- well rendered, as well.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    All,

Here is an excerpt from my "Suite In A Minor", featuring the GPO harpsichord. This is part of the first movement.

LGA
    Hi Larry -

I'm at work. It's one of those "Q" nights. (Can't say the "Q" word or the night may turn crazy.) My one and only patient is safely sleeping with his heart a-beatin'.

Thank you for sharing your "excerpt". Would it be unreasonable to request the rest of the Suite?? I most certainly would listen to the entire suite. Maybe even tonight while it's "Q".

Shhhhhhhh

Hope all is well with you, Larry. Healing thoughts and prayers your way, Larry. And, Happy Composing!!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nice job on this, Larry -- well rendered, as well.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Much appreciation to you, Mr. Dave. Thanks.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke
    Hi Larry -

I'm at work. It's one of those "Q" nights. (Can't say the "Q" word or the night may turn crazy.) My one and only patient is safely sleeping with his heart a-beatin'.

Thank you for sharing your "excerpt". Would it be unreasonable to request the rest of the Suite?? I most certainly would listen to the entire suite. Maybe even tonight while it's "Q".

Shhhhhhhh

Hope all is well with you, Larry. Healing thoughts and prayers your way, Larry. And, Happy Composing!!

Ted
    Thank you, Theodore. I appreciate your taking the time to listen.

When I regain my good health I will Garritanize the rest of the work.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry, I find this piece very exiting! You write so many beautiful things, and this harpsichord piece is so lovely. Thank you for your pieces.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast