• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Suggestions for online session players?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Suggestions for online session players?

What's a good approach to finding musicians online who can accept a wave or mp3 file then record their part and send that file back.

For example I'm working on some smooth jazz tunes that could really use some sax and guitar (aren't these tough to nail with samples) and I want to hire some live players. I checked out sessionplayers.com but sessions start at $250 ($500 average) per song, well out of my price range.

I don't have a pressing deadline or need big name players but I want really good performances for a reasonable price.

Any suggestions?

Re: OT: Suggestions for online session players?

I've found some great guys on these forums. I would just post this thread anywhere there are musicians.

There was a thread here at Northern Sounds that listed guys here at the forum who were willing to contribute, as well as people off site too. I'm not sure but Steve Hanlon may have started it. I'm note sure which subsection of NS it's located in, and I'm having trouble finding it.

Anybody know where it's located? It would be a real shame if it's been removed. It's a great resource.

I"m also a member a esession.com. It's just getting launched, but you can negotiate rates there with the players, although there is a contact fee of $10 I think. They are all professional so I'm sure that you'll get a great performance. It's usually worth a few dollars extra to get a performance that will stand out.
    Tim

May I suggest myself for performance of ethnic instruments (Duduk, Irish Whistles, Chinese Bawu/Hulusi (freereeds) and Xiao flute, baroque recorders (sopranino to bass), Crummhorn Andes flutes, Native American flutes, Arabian and Latin percussion, Turkish Davul, African Udu & Logdrums, and far eastern lutes, amongst others). Rates are negotiatable of course.

Herman

I finally found the link for the musicians directory here at NS:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...t=Steve+Hanlon

Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    What's a good approach to finding musicians online who can accept a wave or mp3 file then record their part and send that file back.

For example I'm working on some smooth jazz tunes that could really use some sax and guitar (aren't these tough to nail with samples) and I want to hire some live players. I checked out sessionplayers.com but sessions start at $250 ($500 average) per song, well out of my price range.

I don't have a pressing deadline or need big name players but I want really good performances for a reasonable price.

Any suggestions?
    I play gtr )))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by TLarkin
    I"m also a member a esession.com. It's just getting launched, but you can negotiate rates there with the players, although there is a contact fee of $10 I think. They are all professional so I'm sure that you'll get a great performance. It's usually worth a few dollars extra to get a performance that will stand out.
    Tim
    This looks pretty amazing! About how much are their rates per song on average?

Quote Originally Posted by gregjazz
    This looks pretty amazing! About how much are their rates per song on average?
    Bump!

Has anyone used this service? Looks very interesting!

It should be launching very soon. There were a few bugs they wanted to iron out first.
    The rates are really up to you and the player to iron out. Really no set rates from what I understand, but remember that the musicians on this site have to have a minimum amount of album or flm credits to be considered for esession, so you'll be getting a great service.
    Tim

Go Back to forum