• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sibelius 4/GPO Fantasia Last Movement

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 4/GPO Fantasia Last Movement

Hello to everyone in the listening room.
    Heres the Last movement of the Fantasia.
    The middle movement is orchestrated, but there is some work still to do with expression text and balance between parts.
    The last movement only goes for 2 minutes 15 seconds. Quite short really.

The first movement of the Fantasia is also attached to this in case someone who didn't hear it was curious about it and wanted to listen.

The playback for both of these is GPO/Sibelius 4, with some manual adjustment of the GPO piano volume control knob on the Kontakt Player for the First Movement.
    For the last movement the piano volume was set higher than the default level. I could not find any midi messages for that in the score at the beginning, so I think what happened was when I was playing it back, I must have turned the volume knob up and did not reset it back to default level. When I hit "Save", it looks like it saved my manual setting. I also added some midi messages typed on the last movement score in one place near the end so it was louder above the level I had previously set it to already, so the chords could be heard quite clearly above the orchestra backing. I then reset it back to the previous volume level I had set it to before, for the last run up the piano at the end, by typing in another midi message.

Anyway, Hope you enjoy it!

best regards,

Steve Martin.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Sibelius 4/GPO Fantasia Last Movement

BRAVO!

Steve: This writing is just stunning! Gorgeous work!

All: Stop reading this post and go listen!

With admiration,

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

FINALLY! About time, Steve!

An absolutely wonderful final movement! The writing is just spectacular!

Excellent job.

~Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Hello Dave and Hello Cata!

Good to hear from both of you. Thank you so much for the appreciative words.
    Yes, - Finally got it done Cata!
    Well, it was actually when you asked about the Fantasia other movements in the Toccata thread that I thought about it and decided to just bite the bullet and finish of the last little bits of scoring, so you helped motivate me to get it done, and I do feel quite relieved it's finished! I have the middle movement scored, but I just have to go through and balance the dynamics of the different orchestral sections.

Well, thanks again for the encouragement and appreciation Dave and Cata.

best regards,

Steve.

Steve,

Wow..that is about all I can say. I am listening to the 1st movement of Fantasia now and will move to the Last Movement in a moment. I like to hear writing in a classical style such as this.

I am listening through headphones and at times the timpani is a little overshadowing of everything else. But otherwise, well done!!!!!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Steve,

This is absolutely brilliant! You continue to outdo yourself and surprise us with extraordinary music.

Thanks for posting this. Time to go listen again a few times.

Gary Garritan

Hello to Gary Bric and Gary Garritan,

thank you to both of you for the appreciative comments. Also, thank you for informing me about the timpani. If it's souding too loud, I think it could possibly be that when I mixed reverb into the dry audio file that I had created from Sibelius 4, and then imported the file into my sequencer to add reverb, I probably had the db level up too high into the red in my seqeuncer mixer when I exported the file from the sequencer into an mp3. I think that could possibly be the cause of that. I'm not totally sure, but I'll take a bit more care next time.
    Anyway, I'm glad you both enjoyed the music!

thanks again, and best regards,

Steve.

Steve:

Another brilliant production. Absolutely wonderful piano work and awesome orchestral accompaniment. Really enjoyed listening. Definitely a keeper.

Also, marvelous use of the GPO library.........an awesome demo for Sibelius too.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    Yes, - Finally got it done Cata!
    Well, it was actually when you asked about the Fantasia other movements in the Toccata thread that I thought about it and decided to just bite the bullet and finish of the last little bits of scoring, so you helped motivate me to get it done, and I do feel quite relieved it's finished! I have the middle movement scored, but I just have to go through and balance the dynamics of the different orchestral sections.
    Well, it's certainly a good thing that I reminded you, eh? It's great that you got to finish it though.
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Steve,

This is just awesome stuff! I'm especially impressed with your piano writing and your skillful blending of it into the full orchestra.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast