• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New 7CG user demos!

Share/Bookmark

New 7CG user demos!

Jay Asher took a bit of convinsing, but now he says: "I am now officially in love with the Seven Seas piano"
    Here's a couple of songs where Jay plays the 7CG

Eleanor Rigby - Piano Only
    Eleanor Rigby - Trio

The 7CG can now be bought from www.sampletekk.com at 50% discount!

(Jay Asher has written music for many TV series and movies and written songs that's been recorded by artists like Julio Iglesias, Whitney Houston, and Donna Summer.)
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: New 7CG user demos!

Wonderful balance between interpretation and remaining true to the song.

Hi Worra,

will their be a smaller version of 7CG just like TSO is to TBO?

Thanks,
    Tom

This sounds like a sampled piano to me in this piece (meaning it doesn't sound like someone sitting at a real grand piano).

HOWEVER, Sue's Christmas demo ( of the same piano ) sounds extremely realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferris
    Wonderful balance between interpretation and remaining true to the song.
    Thanks Dave.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by football
    This sounds like a sampled piano to me in this piece (meaning it doesn't sound like someone sitting at a real grand piano).

HOWEVER, Sue's Christmas demo ( of the same piano ) sounds extremely realistic.
    Interesting. Not to be defensive here but when I was recording it my wife walked in and said, "Honey, if I didn't already know that you are not playing a real piano I would never know."

Perhaps the differnces you perceive between my demp and Sue's lovely demo is due to my choice of processing.

I used from my UAD-1 card a little bit of Neve 1073 EQ and bussed it into the Plate 140. On the virtual trio version the whole thing was run lightly into the Precision Limiter.

Anyway it has never been my goal when using any sample library to make it sound as "real" as possible. It has always been to make it sound as good as possible.

Someone once said of sample llbraries, "It sounds just like the real thing until you put it next to the real thing."

What delights me about this piano is how versatile it is. I tried a bunch of different kinds of eq and compression settings and while it sounded different it always sounded good. I think engineers are really going to like dealing with this piano.

www.jayasher.com

First, I am an avid Beatles fan.

Second, simply gorgeous playing. I WISH I could play that well - and I have been playing for over 30 years!!! Fantastic rendition and the piano sounds as real as the one sitting in my living room. Loved the dynamics.

What master controller are you using? I just bought a CME UF8 and I get weird velocity problems when playing.

Again, simply breathtaking. Good choice of music, too.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    First, I am an avid Beatles fan.

Second, simply gorgeous playing. I WISH I could play that well - and I have been playing for over 30 years!!! Fantastic rendition and the piano sounds as real as the one sitting in my living room. Loved the dynamics.

What master controller are you using? I just bought a CME UF8 and I get weird velocity problems when playing.

Again, simply breathtaking. Good choice of music, too.

Mike
    Well, thank you Mike.

I am using a Kurzweil PC88 which is the same weighted acrion used in the Fatar Studilogic series I believe. I have it set to "hardest" which makes me have to work harder to preserve my chops.

www.jayasher.com

This is a fantastic arrangement of Eleanor Rigby and I think it sounds very realistic... Great work on the arrangement... And great piano too...

Quote Originally Posted by Atombo
    Hi Worra,

will their be a smaller version of 7CG just like TSO is to TBO?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Any word on this Worra? A small TSO-style version is pretty handy in a couple of situations:

- creating a quick loading, small footprint version of a tune - and then you can render with the full version.

- having a small piano that you can load for composition purposes which matches the timbre of the big one.

Go Back to forum