• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Why is there no CC# in Sonar with EWQL?

Share/Bookmark

Why is there no CC# in Sonar with EWQL (already searched)?

I couldn't find any info using search execpt for the typical CC# 7 questions. I'm about ready to ditch Sonar because of this one irritation. In the piano roll, all that shows up is #7 and #10. I'm using Sonar 4 and EWQLSO Gold. Everything's updated and optimized on my pc. I need the pitch perimeter CC but all i get in the piano roll is #7 and #10. What gives?! Does anyone have the reason for this? Do any of the other major sequencers have all the CC's listed using EWQLSO (vst, not dxi)?
    TIA to whoever who can help me on this!

Tim
    Last edited by Artdude; 07-03-2006 at 05:53 AM. Reason: i've already searched the forums
    WordSong Entertainment
    Hear Bible text sung verse by verse, chapter by chapter,
    all with accompanying instruments in cinematic style.
    www.wordsong.info

Re: Why is there no CC# in Sonar with EWQL?

Try this:

Select Control
    Click in the box with the CC# (The number should be selected)
    Type in the CC# desired to be edited.
    Click inside the box that says "Control"

You should be able to enter data for that CC#.

I don't know whether the bug is with Sonar or Kontakt, but it's been around for a long time. At least it isn't catastrophic, but just a minor annoyance. Just type the CC number in as jrboddie suggested and you'll be fine.

Also, this only seems to happen with the VST version of Kontakt, not the DXI version.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    I don't know whether the bug is with Sonar or Kontakt, but it's been around for a long time. At least it isn't catastrophic, but just a minor annoyance. Just type the CC number in as jrboddie suggested and you'll be fine.

Also, this only seems to happen with the VST version of Kontakt, not the DXI version.
    I'm bettin the problem is with Sonar. The same thing happens with GPO used as a VST instead of DXI.

thanx guys!
    the numbers are there (CC#1, CC#2, CC#3, etc), it's just that nothing works when i draw in data. i even went thru all of the CC numbers (all 127), drawing in envelopes to test and see if i could hear anything such as pitch, chorus, etc, and nothing happened. i can't believe neither Cakewalk nor NI have worked with each other to rectify this. i haven't tried the
    dxi version, but it doesn't work well in Sonar anyway (as others can testify).

well, i don't know what to do at this point, if i should switch sequencers or switch samplers; they both cost me alot.
    don't you just hate technology, yet love it at the same time?!

Tim
    WordSong Entertainment
    www.wordsong.info

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Unless the DXi version is buggy, that would actually be the preferred version for Sonar, since DXi is Sonar's native synthesis environment. VSTi's are actually "wrapped" in a DXi wrapper when they're loaded in Sonar.

Don't give up yet, try the Sonar Forums. The boards are active and users seem very helpful.

Hey there. I am not trying to blast Sonar, but....

I use Cubase, WITH K2 and EWQL Platinum (VSTi), and do not have this issue. I find it hard to believe that this is really an issue here - not trying to bust your balls, but are you sure you are doing this correctly?

Cheers.

Which CC are you trying to change? Does EWQL respond to this CC?

Well, all that's available is CC7 and CC10 (volume & pan) and it works with the vst version. Maybe the last update of the dxi works well with Sonar, i'll have to check and see (thanx Bruce). I need the pitch CC so i can swell certain Trombone notes ('slide' in Kompakt doesn't quite do it). Evidently this is a Sonar problem and not Kompakt, as RiffWraith noted he gets all of the CCs in Cubase. Your tempting me to switch RiffWraith But no, my 'Wintel' system's fully optimized, updated, and configured correctly. I've been doing this a long time so i'm pretty sure this is a Sonar specific problem. Maybe i should have posted over there. Anyway, i do love the speed at which you can churn out songs with Sonar, it's just all the little things that drive you crazy :|
    Thanx again everyone!

Tim
    WordSong Entertainment
    www.wordsong.info

Go Back to forum