• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Some of my work

Share/Bookmark

OT: Some of my work

I have been posting on here for awhile and have gotten some great advise regarding sample libraries, techniques and the like, and really just wanted to thank everyone for all of their help. So I decided to share a bit of my music to show you all the end result. Now I will go run and hide in a corner

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=543371

And here is the skinny on what was used:
    EWQLSO Gold (/w custom programming)
    Piano and Choir from Silver
    RA
    Stormdrum
    Donnie Christian's Celesta
    ALOT of synths and drum/fx samples.

Again, thanks a ton guys.

James
    "PRODUCER TO ARTIST: I don't care if that grace note on the snare hit in bar 9085 works! This is dub 'n bass acid house penis, not ~~~~ing house dub 'n acid bass penis with a twist!" - Nick Batzdorf

Re: OT: Some of my work

Really nice work James:

I liked all your pieces, but two of my favorites are "Lost" and "Armchair commandos". I like the smooth, spacy, and mysterious sound of "Lost" and also like the sound of silver piano. But I also like the tight and big sound of "Armchair Commandos", more like Eastwest demos/hollywood sound. Really well done.

Excellent work, and will be looking forward to more of your work.

Dd

Not the most original concepts in movie composition, but absolutely fantastic orchestrations and rendering.

I really enjoyed this a lot. If I've read your intro page correctly, you haven't had a major deal with a film company. IMO you really deserve one... I wish you luck.

R.

James,

Hi from a fellow Boisean. (I posted in your message box on soundclick but I thought I would post here too.) I am an orchestration newbie working through the online orchestration class on this site and while exploring the website found your post.

I just listened to all of your posted work. I love it! Your work has such a huge, epic flavor to it. I love how you use the low sound frequency string and brass and drum instruments. It makes my whole being vibrate with the sound waves.

I also loved the melodic piano over the orchestra on Lost. It was very clever how you started the piano line and then had the violins pick it up and the piano dropped out.

I look forward to hearing more of your work.

Beverly

Thanks a ton!

ddarwin7: Yeah, those are actually my 2 most recent. I'm still learning these libs but I feel like I am getting better with them with every piece that I write.

dabbler: Nah, no major deal at this point. I am still trying to get a feature to work on. It's a bit harder because I live out in Idaho where...er...there is no film industry to work in .

Beverly: Wow, never thought I would find another person from Boise on this board (actually, I think someone made fun of the fact I lived out here when I first posted lol). Thanks for your comments!

James
    "PRODUCER TO ARTIST: I don't care if that grace note on the snare hit in bar 9085 works! This is dub 'n bass acid house penis, not ~~~~ing house dub 'n acid bass penis with a twist!" - Nick Batzdorf

Go Back to forum