• Register
  • Help

Topic: White Grand installation

Share/Bookmark

White Grand installation

Hi

I'm trying to install Sampletekk White Grand onto my iMac (I've downloaded it from the website). I have a load of zip files but am not sure what to do with them - there are no instructions on teh website.

If anyone has done this before, pls could they point me in the right direction? Instructions for the TPO download say 'Only unpack the first file, the one with "part1" in the name. The others will follw automatically.' Is this also the case for White Grand? And what does 'unpack' refer to? Zip to rar, or actually opening the rar?

Once I've actually installed it, I've had some great instructions from Alex showing how to bring the piano into logic - thanks for these, they were really great.

As ever, sorry for the basic questions and thanks for you help.

Can't believe I downloaded this about 8 hours before the group buy started... Terrible timing!

Re: White Grand installation

Unpack the zip files and place the resulting rar-files in the same folder.
    Then unpack the file called part1.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thanks for this info.

I am getting there, however:

1) On unzipping several of the files, I got a 'format error'. I continued to unzip the rest, and opened the part01 rar file, which created the 'White Grand' folder. Do you think these 'format errors' will create a problem?

2) One of the files in the 'White Grand' folder says:

"Included on the disc are a folder called "EXS24 Mark II Release Samples".

That folder includes the samples that have been specially edited to work together with EXS24 Mark II.

If you are going to use EXS24 Mark II:

***** COPY THESE SAMPLES TO THE "Samples" FOLDER WITHIN THE "White Grand" FOLDER *****

Otherwise you won't get a good result when playing the piano."

However, all of the files in the "EXS24 Mark II Release Samples" folder seemt o already be in the "Samples" folder. When I try to move them over, I am asked whether I want to overwrite those files with the same name.

Please could you advise what I should do?

Thank you very much!

Phil

Yes, it's ok to replace them
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

OK, I think I'm nearly there...

I've got it working in Logic (EXS24), but there are a couple of performance problems - firstly, when I let go of the note, there is a sound like guitar being plucked. Also, there is a problem with the polyphony - is 64 the maximum? I can't get it higher. And when it gets quite a high number of notes, there is a sudden cut-out of ALL notes which were being played.

Please could you let me know how to sort these out?

Thank you for your help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B
    OK, I think I'm nearly there...

I've got it working in Logic (EXS24), but there are a couple of performance problems - firstly, when I let go of the note, there is a sound like guitar being plucked. Also, there is a problem with the polyphony - is 64 the maximum? I can't get it higher. And when it gets quite a high number of notes, there is a sudden cut-out of ALL notes which were being played.

Please could you let me know how to sort these out?

Thank you for your help with this.

Hello Worra (or anyone else that can help),

I have the same issue as above with White Grand in EXS24 (Logic 7.2.1 if it matters)...I get a plucked sound when releasing a note. What should I do about this? White Grand works fine in Kontakt.

I have also loaded Black Grand Close and am getting white noise from the library when it is loaded into EXS24 (again, Kontakt is fine). I saw a thread about this on the EXS forum, but couldn't figure out what the solution was. Can you help with this?

Thanks!
    -Girl6

Quote Originally Posted by girl6

I have the same issue as above with White Grand in EXS24 (Logic 7.2.1 if it matters)...I get a plucked sound when releasing a note. What should I do about this? White Grand works fine in Kontakt.

I have also loaded Black Grand Close and am getting white noise from the library when it is loaded into EXS24 (again, Kontakt is fine). I saw a thread about this on the EXS forum, but couldn't figure out what the solution was. Can you help with this?

Thanks!

Nevermind...I had to trash the the original "EXS Release Samples" folders for both libraries. All is well.
    -Girl6

Quote Originally Posted by girl6

I have the same issue as above with White Grand in EXS24 (Logic 7.2.1 if it matters)...I get a plucked sound when releasing a note.
    Thanks!
    Yes, I have noticed this too with the EXS24 version of the Seven Seas.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum