• Register
  • Help

Topic: stylus ?????

Share/Bookmark

stylus ?????

well i'm back with another newbie q,i have stylus rmx n classic but wut i wonder wut is the rite way to work with these.i mean if i play a groove menu file manually on my keyboard,shud i render the whole drum track as stereo or shud i seperate it??n if yes than wut to keep mono n wut to keep stereo???i'm sorry i knw i'm bothering u guys again but plz help me out..i work on nuendo so me if possible how to work efficiantly on it with these vsti's...

Re: stylus ?????

it all depends on the musical context. if you're using it as a background loop then just a stereo rendering might be fine. if on the other hand it's serving as the main groove of your tune, then consider seperating each instrument onto it's own track so you can eq each instrument seperately for maximum impact.

Do you have a "mono" button on your monitoring system?

I think this would help you a lot in determining when to render things in mono or stereo. These mono summing buttons let you A/B sounds and mixes in stereo/mono....so you can easily hear what the stereo is doing or not at any time.

I swear by the Presonus Central Station....which is great for many reasons, but the mono monitoring option is one of them.

spectrum

another vote for the Central Station.
    Its the ideal monitoringtool for computerbased studios.
    Pretty accurate metering also!

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

I think this would help you a lot in determining when to render things in mono or stereo. These mono summing buttons let you A/B sounds and mixes in stereo/mono....so you can easily hear what the stereo is doing or not at any time.

I swear by the Presonus Central Station....which is great for many reasons, but the mono monitoring option is one of them.

spectrum
    hey!thnx for ur help,i'm definitely going to buy central station but for the time being i'm routing my mixes through mono output channel in nuendo to hear it..i'm not sure if its accurate but it works,n hey i'm using Dynaudio Accoustics BM15A's for monitoring but they dnt sound well,i mean the low end sounds boomy ..well i'm workin in a small room approx 13,12,17..any suggesions??????????

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

spectrum
    I had the Central Station and returned it for the less well known Furman SRM 80-A Signal Router/Monitor, which also has a mono button, for the following reasons.

1. It has a stuff I don't need or even want, like converters, talkback, etc.

2. The build quality is flimsy. The unit I tried and the one at the store had some sketchy buttons.

3. Presonus has this habit with this unit and the Eureka with trying to squeeze too many knobs into too small an area.

4. West LA Music was using one itself for years and said it was rock solid and dependable.

5. It was half the price, a real bargain IMHO. With the money you save you can buy one of Eric's wonderful plug-ins.

http://www.furmansound.com/products/...0a/srm_80a.php
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum