• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Audio Ipressions: 70-Piece Orchestra - London With Realtime Orchestrator Technology

Share/Bookmark

Question Audio Ipressions: 70-Piece Orchestra - London With Realtime Orchestrator Technology

Hello,

Does anyone know about this product & technology. Sounds very promising.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...ra-London.html

Re: Audio Ipressions: 70-Piece Orchestra - London With Realtime Orchestrator Technology

Mmmm.....Interesting, But I'd feel like I was cheating. Would save time though.

Re: Audio Ipressions: 70-Piece Orchestra - London With Realtime Orchestrator Technolo

Well, counterpoint with crossing lines ain't gonna work with that. BUT- for a quicky string arrangement for a track it could be a definite time saver!!

Re: Audio Ipressions: 70-Piece Orchestra - London With Realtime Orchestrator Technology

Well I guess you can turn the feature on and off with somekind of keyswitching, to allow crossing the line? If not it would be pretty limiting.

I'm just waiting to hear this library. Rumor has it the price and hardware requirements will make VSL look like GPO

Time will tell. I'm definately very curiosu about it. I'm still waiting for a truely great and organic String library. Its the holy grail of sampling.

Are we talking telephone prices ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    If that's the case, I doubt they'll sell many copies.

Lee Blaske
    Well, judging by the image they are trying to create, I dont think their goal is to sell many copies. Their goal is to sell a few, at a high price, to high end customers. The rolls-royce of sampling.

How that will work, and if they will stick to it is anyones guess

If I recall correctly their organ ran on multiple computers, using presure sensitve screens!

Anyway as I said - I am really interested in hearing their strings, and get an overview of what they can acheive.

[EDIT] I found these bits on their website:

A few years ago, when I was still writing music for a living, the Director’s cousin had just as good a shot at landing the score for his movie as I did with my decades of experience – because everybody had everybody’s library. It was then I realized that we need a company that caters to high-end people by protecting our interests through exclusivity and personalized service . . . this is when I decided to create Audio Impressions.

Soon we will be releasing the rest of our libraries. We have spent close to two million dollars recording the world’s best musicians and instruments — and every bit of it was recorded at 192k using Apogee converters, Martek mic preamps, and a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of vintage tube and ribbon mics. We hope to help professionals maintain the competitive edge they worked so hard to achieve.
    Their goal seems quite clear. The philosophy definately has appeal to me - but if its payable is something else. Time will tell.

Re: Audio Ipressions: 70-Piece Orchestra - London With Realtime Orchestrator Technolo

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Well, judging by the image they are trying to create, I dont think their goal is to sell many copies. Their goal is to sell a few, at a high price, to high end customers. The rolls-royce of sampling.

How that will work, and if they will stick to it is anyones guess

If I recall correctly their organ ran on multiple computers, using presure sensitve screens!

Anyway as I said - I am really interested in hearing their strings, and get an overview of what they can acheive.

[EDIT] I found these bits on their website:

Their goal seems quite clear. The philosophy definately has appeal to me - but if its payable is something else. Time will tell.

So their goal is to let the rich professionals keep the edge, with a moto of not letting small time musician compete with his available arsenal.

But I think they might be so wrong because a good musician will always make great music with whatever ammunition he has[They might help the users of their own library achieve it in quick time, but then, other developers will surely catch up].

This idea of the LIBRARY FOE ELETE seems to be absurd...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    I wonder about it. I could see a lot of errors made by the machine with normal keyboard technique. If you weren't playing dead-on accurately, with the proper number of notes, I would think the instrument assignment would get confused. We'll see.
    Lee Blaske
    Well the whole point is that it does DIVISI in Real Time so it doesn't matter how many notes you press.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Well, counterpoint with crossing lines ain't gonna work with that. BUT- for a quicky string arrangement for a track it could be a definite time saver!!
    Actually it was built from the groung up so you can do melody lines on top of divisi chording, what I think they have is something like priority for each instrument which will enable the instrument to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Well I guess you can turn the feature on and off with somekind of keyswitching, to allow crossing the line? If not it would be pretty limiting.

I'm just waiting to hear this library. Rumor has it the price and hardware requirements will make VSL look like GPO

Time will tell. I'm definately very curiosu about it. I'm still waiting for a truely great and organic String library. Its the holy grail of sampling.
    There is a DVZ bypass switch that allows you to play the library in a old fashion organ like way. The library sounds amazing, they are planing to show the library and DVZ RT at summer NAMM.

As far as hardware is concerned.. The amount of hardware will depend on sample rate. It shouldn't be any more than it takes to run any other full orchestra lib.

Quote Originally Posted by robin123
    This idea of the LIBRARY FOE ELETE seems to be absurd...
    Why is it absurd? If they have a market, then its not the least absurd...

In my experience both composer AND libraries can make or break a peice. So while you are right that good composers can make good music with just about anything it's very uncommon to find people that good. And when you do find them they are composing around he library, avoiding its obvious weaknesses - weaknesses that often would break the peice. Hell - you even have to do this with the most expensive libraries available.

"If that's the case, I doubt they'll sell many copies"
    .... same words at VSL V.I. price announcing ....and also me but actually i am
    a V.I. user. No matter the price : if that is a "holy Gral" of strings they're welcome. A lot of people around here interested in. Just wait and discover.

Go Back to forum