• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Demo Contest!

Share/Bookmark

Demo Contest! KH Symphony Orchestra Emerald Library

We need new and exciting demos showcasing KHSO Emerald. http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/khsogigaork2.html

So we are conducting a demo contest. Here's what you can win:

3 winners will receive a FREE copy of the entire upcoming KHSO Ruby library. (This orchestral library is going to be really huge with an estimated size of around 75GB, maybe more!) http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/ruby.html (We're hoping to have the first beta versions done by mid Summer. Separate sections will be available sooner...STRINGS in July!) The winners' demos may be posted with credit given at www.kirkhunterstudios.com.

5 winners will receive any 2 sections of the following from the upcoming KHSO Ruby library. Symphonic Strings, Chamber Strings, Solo Strings, Brass, Woodwinds. The winners' demos may be posted with credit given at www.kirkhunterstudios.com.

7 winners will receive one of the following from the upcoming KHSO Ruby library. Symphonic Strings, Chamber Strings, Solo Strings, Brass, Woodwinds. The winners' demos may be posted with credit given at www.kirkhunterstudios.com.

Here is how it works:

The demos need to use ONLY KHSO Emerald. If you don't already own KHSO Emerald, go get it now at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/buy.html
    No other sound libraries are permitted so as to avoid confusion as to exactly what the demos are showcasing.

Winners will be judged by the following criteria:
    Musicality
    Realism
    Thorough showcasing of KHSO Emerald's sections (mainly strings, woodwinds and brass)
    Of just plain ol' "we LIKE it"

You can enter as often as you like.
    Demos must be a minimum length of 1 minute, and an approximate maximum length of 4 minutes.
    All demos must be in mp3 format.
    Styles can be anything from orchestral film score, to anything "out there" or even new and original....

The deadline for the competition is 8/1/06. (Ok, we might extend it a little bit, but only a week or so, and that's not for sure yet.)

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks, and good luck
    Kirk
    Last edited by KirkHunter; 06-28-2006 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Need to clarify rules

Re: Demo Contest!

Is there a time and size (MB? GB? he he he) limitation? I assume you do not want a two hour symphony or a 30 second movie trailer? wav, mp3 or ogg? Can we use other synths / samples or ONLY KHSO Emerald? Can we enter more than once?

Where do we send it?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    Is there a time and size (MB? GB? he he he) limitation? I assume you do not want a two hour symphony or a 30 second movie trailer? wav, mp3 or ogg? Can we use other synths / samples or ONLY KHSO Emerald? Can we enter more than once?

Where do we send it?

Mike
    You can enter as often as you like.
    Demos must be a minimum length of 1 minute, and an approximate maximum length of 4 minutes.
    All demos must be in mp3 format.
    Email demos to MuzkGuy@aol.com

Kirk,

What about processing? Whats allowed there?

steve

Thumbs up Re: Demo Contest!

Best of luck Kirk. I must say that I am very impressed with the string tone you have captured. I may just have to pick up a copy soon.

All the best,
    Francis
    Bela D Media
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by sghoughton
    Kirk,

What about processing? Whats allowed there?

steve
    I don't care if you use reverbs or other ambient control. :-D Just make sure to include exactly what you did to achieve that.

Kirk

May we use other virtual instruments, like for choirs, drums and percussion - or just only KHSO Emerald.

Sorry to ask so many darn questions, but I have entered other contests before and the rules were vague until AFTER I submitted.

Mike

It's not fair! The reason I want to enter the contest and try and win the lib is because I don't have it!! I think you should send copies to interested applicants. (j/k )

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    May we use other virtual instruments, like for choirs, drums and percussion - or just only KHSO Emerald.

Sorry to ask so many darn questions, but I have entered other contests before and the rules were vague until AFTER I submitted.

Mike
    I wish I could say it would be alright to use other virtual instruments. However, I want the demos to be CLEARLY showcasing ONLY the Khso library. If someone wants to use non musical sound fx such as explosions or the like, that MIGHT be ok. But believe me when I tell you that the judging will reflect this. :-D Trust me, the SECOND other musical instruments should appear in a demo for Khso, I'd be asked a ZILLION questions as to how to find it in the library...ya know what I mean?

Kirk,

That is EXACTLY why I asked. Okay. KHSO Emerald only. Got it.

Now to get busy.

Mike

Go Back to forum