• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Announcing: Garritan MARCHING/CONCERT BAND Library

Share/Bookmark

Announcing: Garritan MARCHING/CONCERT BAND Library

Many of you will be receiving you Finale mailers from MakeMusic soon in which new libraries are being announced. One of these libraries is the Garritan Marching Band/ Concert Band library. I mentioned this new library to the members on chat last weekend and the response was enthusiastic (thanks chatners for keeping it secret until now ). I believe this library is going to open up a new genre of fabulous music on the forum and I am looking forward to hearing the new music that will be made.

Musically yours,

Gary Garritan
    ---------------

World's First Marching Band Sample Collection
    GARRITAN MARCHING/CONCERT BAND

ORCAS ISLAND, WA - June 2006 -Garritan Libraries, award-winning developers of high-quality soundware, announces a new Marching and Concert Band collection. At $239, the Garritan Marching Band Library offers a complete collection of marching band sampled instruments to create realistic-sounding marching band, concert band, wind ensemble, and other types of band arrangements.

It features trombones, trumpets, baritones, euphoniums, marching tubas, saxes, clarinets, flutes, drumline and marching percussion. The Garritan Marching Band Library is the only library of its kind and fills another needed vacancy in the world of sample libraries. Many colleges, universities, secondary schools, sports teams and various organizations have a need for marching band sounds and this library will fill that need.

The Garritan Marching Band Collection is a library designed for playability and expressive control. It features innovative programming for expressive control, dynamics, vibrato control, tongue techniques, slur articulations, ensemble building from individual instruments, and more. It will also be useful where big instrumental sections are required.

Garritan Marching Band is expected to be available later this summer for an introductory price of $239. Powered by the Native Instruments Kontakt Player 2, it will work on a single computer and/or laptop, Mac or PC platform, Standalone, or plug-in for all major sequencers (VST, DX, AU, RTAS), works with Finale 2006+ and various other notation programs.

More information will be posted soon.

About Garritan Orchestral Libraries

Garritan is an award-winning developer of high-quality soundware. Garritan Libraries have won accolades from celebrity musicians and music press alike. The Garritan libraries have been used in a variety of applications: from TV shows and film to video games, live concerts and ballets. Hundreds of schools and universities have chosen Garritan libraries for use with their music curriculums. www.garritan.com

Re: Announcing: Garritan MARCHING/CONCERT BAND Library

Unbelievable Gary!

This is an answer to so many dreams, I'm sure of it!

dpDan

One more release???

Garritan libraries are growing very fast! I suspect when NI FINALLY releases their K2 Player, a lot of Garritan Libraries are going to be released.

Is the Steinway going to use the K2 engine too?

I'm mostly interested in the solo strings, the choir (how is its development going?), and of course, the almighty GPOA (don't ask me why but I have the strong feeling that it's gonna rock like no other lib has)

Once again, congrats Gary!! Keep it going on!
    -Dani-

Very cool!

Can we ask questions about it yet?

This is great news! Thanks again for bringing needed sampled sounds to the community.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

GASP! Then I really can have a Euphonium and have to make do with a tuba with an enima?

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

w00t!!

I really need to save up more cash these days.
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

An excellent addition!

Given all the great concert and marching band music
    that's been appearing in the listening room -- bet
    there will be a whole lotta happy Garritanites!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    An excellent addition!

Given all the great concert and marching band music
    that's been appearing in the listening room -- bet
    there will be a whole lotta happy Garritanites!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Are there any unhappy ones?? (Not here!!)
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

This is a library that I have been anxious to hear was in existance. I wrote nearly everything for either concert band/wind ensemble or brass ensemble. The GPO combined with the JABB provide most of what I need in instruments. However, the instruments of an orchestra and jazz environment are different in nature and performance than with a concert band. And some instruements, such as Euphonium/Baritone don't exist.

This new library should give my existing arrangements and compositions an even more realistic sound and feel. The GPO and JABB was a monumental step in the right direction for me. Thanks Gary G for giving us the tools to go even further!!!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum