• Register
  • Help

Topic: I live in GPO

Share/Bookmark

I live in GPO

I don't know about y'all, but I live in GPO. I have other libraries, but I consistently choose GPO.

I LOVE GPO!

Thank God it exists!!!!!!!!

Now, if I could only afford Altverb DPDAN keeps bragging about! (#&*($&!@^#) :-)

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Re: I live in GPO

ROFL!

My sentiments exactly.

And undoubtedly an enormous clan of others.

People quickly become very devoted to GPO, and
    with many good reasons.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

There are other libraries available with a far greater selection of articulations, but I don't have a month to dedicate to auditioning just the right pieces of cellos to put it all together. I agree GPO has been a real blessing for me.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    There are other libraries available with a far greater selection of articulations, but I don't have a month to dedicate to auditioning just the right pieces of cellos to put it all together. I agree GPO has been a real blessing for me.

Dan
    Quite so. You have just nailed down one of the great virtues of GPO.

Richard

Good thread topic, I live there too, whenever I'm not doing something else. I start off with good intentions, a page open in Finale, inputing notes for each instrument, frequently clicking playback to judge the results and then tweek or make changes. Then to take a break, I'll click on GPO and load Steinway or Steinway light, hours go by and I'm still playing with Steinway, having forgot all about the Finale file I was supposed to be working on... and I'm not even a piano player... but i think i probably soon will be at this rate.

not sure if I follow the logic of this which would suggest that that less is better! Surely the ideal situation is a library that has the sounds and articulations that are genuinely useful and properly differentiated, clearly organised so that the hunting around is kept to a minimum. Part of the object of larger libraries is surely to give a greater choice of expressive possibilities for different projects and also different ways of recording --eg velocity v mod wheel for dynamics to give a simple example (the mod wheel approach of GPO has pros and cons but it is awkward for exisiting projects recorded in a different way).

Go Back to forum