• Register
  • Help

Topic: UVI engine recently updated for macintel? Good news for Trilogy/Atmosphere?

Share/Bookmark

UVI engine recently updated for macintel? Good news for Trilogy/Atmosphere?

Took a look at the USB website, and noticed that they have a macintel version of their flagship product coming out.

I remember reading on the Spetrasonics site that it was the UVI engine licensed from USB that was pretty much holding back Trilogy/Atmosphere support for macintel machines.

Does this mean that the UVI engine's finally been ported and there's finally hope for those of us eyeing the new Macbooks?

I know of a few other guys who simply can't move up to the new Macs solely because of the lack of Spectrasonics support...

Re: UVI engine recently updated for macintel? Good news for Trilogy/Atmosphere?

Nope...don't get the wrong idea or a false assumption. Plugsound Pro uses a totally different new UVI engine and that's a brand new product from USB...not an update.

Spectrasonics haven't made any announcements about Atmosphere or Trilogy yet. Only that we are fully committed to their future development, which will of course include Macintel support.

No info about timetable/schedule/details or anything else.

Our official statement is HERE:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/in...trasonics.html

That's all the info that's been released.

spectrum

Re: UVI engine recently updated for macintel? Good news for Trilogy/Atmosphere?

Just go ahead and dump UVI and switch over to your own (ya I know, easier said than done). It sucks that your product is dependent on somebody else's development schedule.

I'm just thankful Stylus RMX is yours.

Go Back to forum