• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Learn Gigastudio Web Site

Share/Bookmark

Learn Gigastudio Web Site

The http://learngigastudio.com/ site is starting to be functional. There are video files posted already for viewing.

Re: Learn Gigastudio Web Site

When I tried it today it was down... but maybe they are putting in more content. I think I have to more patient though
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Hmm, seems to be online again....checking out...
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

There are some good videos going up on that site. Lots of the 3.0 design features are in those editor tutorials.

You could load up a good older library, and enable some very compelling features just by going through those tutorials and applying some of the new technology to the existing libraries.

GOS would be one library you could totally reinvent in GS3 versus its original programming. All the alternates could be programmed into round robins, and even recombined across separate articulations very easily. Ditto for the original SI Strings and Brass, VSL (you could do amazing things with all the VSL coverage), etc.

If you upsample to one of the 24-bit formats, you can also kick DEF into the picture, and that technology is the bomb. You can take something as long in the tooth as Advanced Orchestra, and get some pretty modern features going with it.

I am (tentatively) quite excited by the vids on that site. Even where I didn't really know what DG and LS were talking about, I could tell that useful info was being imparted...

Many of the 37 vids that were already posted presume a certain level of GigaKnowledge on the part of the viewer... which, in some cases, I see that I lack...

Hopefully the vids will eventually be organized in some way other than alphabetically. Like any good manual or tutorial, the deluge of information will be much easier to process if it presented in some logical order. Hopefully the vids that I've already watched will make more sense once I have also watched the ones that I haven't yet watched.....
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

After checking out the site I have to say its great. I hope there will be a step by step guide for creating performance files ( legato ) and especially the rule builder.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

I wonder if this is a preview for the Giga 3 Mastery CDs. I've been waitin for that to come out.
    But I'm thankful the GS 3 actaully came with a decent manual this time.

I haven't been able to get into that site yet. Always says "This site is temporarily down for regularly scheduled maintenance.
    Please check back again soon.

"

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by howardv
    I haven't been able to get into that site yet. Always says "This site is temporarily down for regularly scheduled maintenance.
    Please check back again soon.

"

Howard
    Probably they put in new content and update the site.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Must be still doing it.

Howard

Go Back to forum