• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any experience with M-Audio Audio Delta 1010?

Share/Bookmark

Question Any experience with M-Audio Audio Delta 1010?

I've had so many headaches with MOTUs 828MKll, I've researched a little and think the M-Audio machine may be a nice fit with GS3 Orchestra. Using a dedicated IBM running Giga,Sonar5 Producer. Anyone know something I don't?
    -Rajay

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Any experience with M-Audio Audio Delta 1010?

I would go with a Tascam FW-1804. Better MIDI i/o, and has lightpipe. Works very well with GigaStudio...I have just been using one for a little over a week, but I have not seen anything that approaches it for the price. It also has some very nice sounding mic preamps onboard.

The Delta 1010 sounds great. I do have one. The unfortunate thing about the 1010, though, is that its MIDI i/o is not very well isolated from the analog audio outputs. If you send fast controller information into it, you'll hear the MIDI data "zipping" away underneath. This has been the case with two different Deltas here.

Thumbs up Re: Any experience with M-Audio Audio Delta 1010?

Thanks Bruce. Genious as always. Believe it or not I was going to order the FW-1884 initially. I've always used MOTU products. Use the Midi Timepiece AV still and thought the 828 would be a nice compliment. It's the budget man! I've spent so much money in the last two months setting up my studio to be software based (two computers, IBM ThinkCentre and Dell Dimension (for internet), three Western Digital 160 gig drives, New Event 20/20s, two LCD 19"s. Not to mention GS3 Orchestra, Chicken systems Translator Pro, etc. Just tired of all these hardware samplers junkin' up the place. Akais and EMUs everywhere. I just may have to live with the 1010 for awhile since instead of a refund, I'm exchanging for that and moving up to Sonar 5 Producer. Don't have a wave editor yet though. What's good?
    -Rajay

Yes, Bruce always has really good advice.

I would think soundforge and wavelab are probably two of the more popular wave editors. I use soundforge myself and I am very happy with it, and its also quite resonably priced. You can supplement the soundforge plug ins with some waves plugins and you should have a great setup.

Dd

Thanks for that. Soundforge I don't know but have heard good things about. I appreciate ALL input!
    -Rajay

Well, I wound up with Coo Edit Pro 2.1 and Soundforge 8. Haven't run either yet. Still trying to figure Giga and rewire latency and all that stuff.
    -Rajay

Quote Originally Posted by rajay
    Well, I wound up with Coo Edit Pro 2.1 and Soundforge 8. Haven't run either yet. Still trying to figure Giga and rewire latency and all that stuff.
    -Rajay
    I didn't know Cool Edit Pro was still around.

If you want an affordable audio editor that comes with lifetime upgrades consider using Goldwave.

Go Back to forum