• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Magaz

Share/Bookmark

Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Magaz

The Stradivari Solo Violin was won the Excellence Award and also received a Perfect 10 out of 10 rating in Music Tech Magazine.

Here's some exerpts from the review:
    • "The Stradivari Solo Violin is a truly remarkable virtual instrument with unprecedented real-time control. It’s very enjoyable to play..."
    • "Excellent tonal quality"
    • "In the right hands, the stradivari solo violin comes remarkably close to the real thing."
    • "Where this instrument stands head and shoulders above the competition, though, is in the real-time playability it offers".
    No other library can do what the things the Stradivari does and credit for this acheivement goes to Giorgio and Stefano for their pioneering work and innovation.

The Stradivari Solo Violin is only going to get better. A new version will be relased soon in the Kontakt 2 Player and more patches and features will be included.

The Gofriller Cello, Pollatta Viola and a rare Amati double Bass are in the works.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Magaz

Congratulations Mr. G! This truly needs a fine rendition of Bolero but please don't run down the beach with your hair in beads in a one piece swim suit in slow motion!

The Gofriller Cello, Pollatta Viola and a rare Amati double Bass are in the works.
    Yeah Baby!
    Styxx

Re: Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Ma

Congrats, Gary and Stefano and Giorgio. It must be thrilling to have the Strad recognized as the innovative and truly remarkable advancement in sample technology that it is!

Re: Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Magaz

Congratulations, that's awesome! And well-deserved of course! Bravo!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Ma

Outstanding - two thumbs up!

I'm using GPO sections and SSV in a mock PSA cue right now. I can't imagine working without either library.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Ma

Great News and Congratulations to the whole team!!!

I absolutely LOVE the Strad library. When I first played it, I almost teared up with joy. I couldn't believe that such realism was possible. It truly is an amazing instrument. I also find it the PERFECT aid in realistic ensemble building. Adding it to the violin sections makes them really breathe with life. It is so amazing that even when low (volume wise) in the mix, how utterly vibrant and REAL they are.

Cello, Viola, and Bass on the way? More to shout for joy about!

Thank you a MILLION times over!!!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Congrats! That's pretty exciting.

I don't own the strad yet but I've heard lots of MP3s made w/ it and the honor is well deserved. Congradulations to all that were involved in its development.

Now hurry up with the Kontakt 2 Player version! I got some Violin solos to write!
    JP Garbarini
    http://musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Re: Stradivari Wins Excellence Award and Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating in Music Tech Magaz

Excellent news Gary!
    I agree Gary, that Giorgio and Stefano are to be recognized for their phenominal work and time.

Thank you for the great sounds!
    Dan

Gary Garritan[/quote]

Gary, as one who dares to play solo double-bass (though I certainly am not a Gary Karr - or even close ), it seemed worthwhile to make a couple comments and possible suggestions about the sampling project.

Classical solo double-bass, though almost as rare as hen's teeth, uses a very different approach compared to standard orchestral bass. Generally, a majority, though certainly not all, solo players use solo strings. These are tuned a step higher than orchestal strings - A, E, B, F# (as opposed to G, D, A, E), and are also slightly thinner than the standard orchestral strings. Solo strings respond a bit more quickly, and have a smoother tone, compared to orchestral strings.

When writing the solo bass part, the part is written at what as it would be for anormal orchestral bass part, the part sounding a minor seventh below what is written, rather than the normal octave with orchestral strings. Thus, for example, the solo bass part for the Dittersdorf E Major Bass Concerto is written in D.

It may be worth considering sampling the solo bass using solo strings and solo tuning since the new product is designed to be used as a solo instrument. The drawback to this possible approach is that it only applies to classical solo playing, not jazz, folk, etc., or even using the bass as a solo instrument for a passage in a standard orchestral score (a few orchestral pieces actually do exist that include brief bass solos: Mahler's 1st Symphony, a few Haydn symphonies, and the opening of the Romance in Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kije Suite come to mind).

Anyway, I hope these comments are of some interest, and I am looking forward to what you, and your team come up with. Your work is most appreciated.

Jim

Congrats, Gary, Giorgio and Stefano for such a good work!

I'm sure I'll become a user of these sonic morphing marvel when they all are released.

Clearly, these are good times for music... no doubt.
    -Dani-

Go Back to forum