• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Sticky Development" Using Midi Controller 64

Share/Bookmark

"Sticky Development" Using Midi Controller 64

Hello All,

All of a sudden, using my foot pedal to try to achieve "legato" when using strings in GPO is resulting in disaster! Instead of a smooth transition from note to note, they are now "stacking up" on one another. I.E. if I play C, then D, C continues to sound after I have released it manually on my keyboard and then play D. This also happens when I point and click the option to add Midi Controller 64 manually. I am using Cakewalk Home Studio version 4.5/5.0 as my sequencer.

I hope I have been successful in describing the problem and would VERY grateful for any suggestions to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

...Arttimbo...

My system: Gateway 510 XL PC, Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz CPU, Windows XP Home Edition, 120 gb hard drive, 300 gb of RAM, internal Creative Sound Blaster Audigy soundcard.

Re: "Sticky Development" Using Midi Controller 64

Check in the GPO player's Options menu and make sure you have the pedal mode set to the second choice. Sounds like you have it set to "normal" instead.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Arttimbo
    300 gb of RAM
    Nice system!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Check in the GPO player's Options menu and make sure you have the pedal mode set to the second choice. Sounds like you have it set to "normal" instead.

Tom
    Thanks Tom! That was exactly the problem! I don't know how I erroneously changed that setting, but I have restored it and it's working properly.

Thanks again!

...Arttimbo...

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    Nice system!
    Thanks Tfishbein82! The RAM increase was a gradual process. I added 1 meg at a time over several months. Doing this, together with the fact that prices have come down, has been gentle on the budget. I have one slot remaining and will soon maximize my computer's RAM capacity by taking it up to 4 gig!

Best part of all: when the time comes to buy a new, faster computer, I can put all of that RAM into it!

...Arttimbo...

Go Back to forum