• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dythonoa

Share/Bookmark

Dythonoa

Could be subtitled Serial Bounce. Might be about driving the back roads through the woods. Might not!

Dythonoa
    http://my.opera.com/rwayland/homes/files/Dythonoa.mp3

Richard

Re: Dythonoa

I'll tell you, I'm genuinely becoming a Wayland fan...

Another winner, Richard.

Short, sweet, but clearly to the point. The more I hear
    of your material, the more it makes undeniable sense.

I do still seem to hear some of that spate of water themes
    in this one... wet back roads, still, no doubt.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Richard,

Definately a back road sort of feeling. Maybe more like a vehicle with a long track drive that slowly moves along, conforming to the varing surface as it goes.

Thanks for sharing it.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I would even like to call this "cute"!! It's a very nice piece, and I'm especially fond of the way it ends, I was wondering the first time through, how you were going to deal with the ending, and it was just brilliant.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    I was wondering the first time through, how you were going to deal with the ending
    So was I!

Richard

Excellent!
    rwayland = soul man

Richard,

This is the first time listening to your stuff, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! With the pulse you maintained, it even sounded a little... funky?? Thanks for sharing it with us!

Danny

Richard,

Unusual, but excellent piano writing, and it worked very well! Good ending to the piece as well.

I'm just curious, but does the title mean anything in particular, or what?

~Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Very cool piece. Excellent, and it does fit well with treks on those back roads through the woods. It is this sorta thing that makes the piano the king of all instruments (no offense intended to the other instruments).

David

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm
    Richard,

Unusual, but excellent piano writing, and it worked very well! Good ending to the piece as well.

I'm just curious, but does the title mean anything in particular, or what?

~Cata
    Well, the name has a meaning of sorts, but not related to the music. My intent was to produce a bright, sprightly boucy little piece, which I think I accomplished. When it was completely finished, I realized that I might have been influenced by the disastrous conditions of the local roads which were severly damaged by some vicious soggy rain storms this winter. I have travelled about 270 degrees east/west on this planet, and nowhere else have I seen such disastrous road conditions. Cars have also been on my mind lately, since two of mine had damage from the road conditions. One of the two no longer exists, having been disposed of 2 weeks before my one remaing car dropped it's engine on the road, taking an axle, and leaving me stranded with no car for a time, so I hied me hence to a dealer and bought a used Toyota Camry, because my remote location demands a car, and a backup as well. So you can see why cars and roads have been on my mind.

Back to the main point, the name derives from combining Toyota and Honda, forming Hondyota, from which the anagram Dythonoa was derived. The piece needed a name, and that seemed convenient.

That is probably more than you really wanted to know, but you asked, and I obliged!

Richard

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast