• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Cpu-frienldy ways of panning/narrowing stereo instruments?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Cpu-friendly ways of panning/narrowing stereo instruments?

I´ve recently bought K2, Opus1 + Cubase SL3, which doesnt have the "combined panner" -mode or Surround panner that the big bro SX3 has. They are, according to Beat Kaufmanns tutorials, supposed to be good and cpu-friendly ways of panning for example VSL-instruments.

What other ways do people use? (Think freeware!) I think, in my case, paying twice the money for SX3 just to have a combined panner, doesnt make sense!

I havent started using K2 yet, because of h/w issues. Is there any good way of achieving what I`m after, yet light on the cpu, in K2?

What about vst plugins? Mda has something called "image". It´s some kind of Mid/side thing.

Would really appreciate advice, since my computer needs all the cpu-power it can have in order to use Opus1.

/Johnny Strömgren
    Last edited by drjohnny79; 06-18-2006 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typos.. as usual.

Re: OT: Cpu-frienldy ways of panning/narrowing stereo instruments?

What about DFX Monomaker?

Raimund

Buss to a pair of mono aux channels and narrow to your taste, or to just a mono aux channels. It works for me.

Thanx!

/Johnny

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Don't forget the obvious. You can just use one channel or the other for most stereo instruments, and get a great mono, pannable instrument.

If you can save off the waveforms into a new mono instrument, you even get back some streaming bandwidth!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Don't forget the obvious. You can just use one channel or the other for most stereo instruments, and get a great mono, pannable instrument.

If you can save off the waveforms into a new mono instrument, you even get back some streaming bandwidth!

Interesting comment Bruce ......
    I use an HDSP9632 which has an anolog stereo out. Do I need to use a stereo channel on my recording mixer (Digi 002)for libraries like TBO, RSP73 and Emperor, or is it OK to patch the 2 RCA outs to a mono 1/4" plug, so I only need one channel? (Hope this makes sense)

Mal

Go Back to forum