• Register
  • Help

Topic: Printing

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Printing

I would like to print out a copy of the Prinicipals of Orchestration, so that I can use it for personal use only, but everytime I go to print out the page, many of the words do not fit on the same page...
    is anybody else having that problem, where the words are being cut-off??

Re: Printing Problems.

Mitch,

I have not yet figured out how to get it to print the whole lesson, it only gives me one page which is about 50% header, it does this even if I save a pdf.

But I just discovered a way to print each individual score example from a Firefox browser.

First I hit the play button and then stop it just before the page turn (so the tracker thingie will be out of the way).

Then right click the score then use the arrow to scroll down (arrow the bottom of the window that pops up), then click print from that window.

It's some kind of flash print different than the other.

Then play to the end of the piece and stop it again at the end and print again.

Not high quality but it will do.
    If you are using three holed paper, place it in the printer with holes on the left, so it will end up with the holes on the right side of the page, if you don't want holes in the clefs.

David

I have been printing lessons by clicking "Thread Tools" and selecting "Show Printable Version". I get all the lesson text and the start of each score in a page that prints well.

Hope this helps,

-- John

Thank you all for your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by jlperry
    I have been printing lessons by clicking "Thread Tools" and selecting "Show Printable Version". I get all the lesson text and the start of each score in a page that prints well.

Hope this helps,

-- John
    Thanks, yes it helps, i forgot all about thread tools being up there.

Thanks for you advice too, but I tried it, and the words were still getting cut...so I tried lowering the size of the text, and same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by MitchM2006
    Thanks for you advice too, but I tried it, and the words were still getting cut...so I tried lowering the size of the text, and same problem...
    Yeah, me too. I'm wondering if you have to have IE, because I tried it in both Firefox and Safari. In Safari it prints the text but does not see the scores... which is OK I guess since I have that other way to print them.

I never had any serious problems printing from Opera. I don't get the scores, but everything else is fine.

Yep. I use IE 6.0. Printing in Landscape mode works fine though!

Wink Re: Printing Problems.

Did you already try to copy everything by using CTRL-A and paste it into MS Word. There you can make everything the way and size you like it.

Johannes

Go Back to forum