• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vatican Warning: Organ Fraud

Share/Bookmark

Vatican Warning: Organ Fraud

Vatican warning on fake "papal organist"

According to Catholic World News:
    May. 22 (CWNews.com) - The archpriest of St. Peter's basilica has warned European concert organizers against a musician who is falsely advertising himself as the "official organist" to Pope Benedict XVI (bio - news), the ANSA news agency reports.

Cardinal Francesco Marchisano reacted after learning that an Italian musician, Massimiliano Mussi, has issued publicity brochures in which he claims to a papal appointment. The cardinal warned promoters that the Vatican has only one official organist, American James Edward Goettsche. "Any other person who claims similar titles or merits should be considered dishonest," the cardinal said. "
    Beware of this imposter! Imagine if organ fraud was more prevalent what kind of world this would be? Who will stop these pedal-pushers?

Question Re: Vatican Warning: Organ Fraud

The real name of the Organist is probably Massimiliano Muzzi (not Mussi), and he never had the will to claim a place in Vatican!

The story is an invention of an American businessman, Phillip Truckenbroad, he "re-writed", the curriculum of the Italian Organist to make it more actractive for so far and foreing people.

Now the musician is asking refound from the concert organizer, for damage to his name, but it seems that the story has anyway actracted the attention of the public, and his concerts are not cancelled, they are increasing!

Another funny thing, M° M.Muzzi say: "the organ of S.Pietro is so bad and un-effective, that I should never claim to be the owner..."

Really the organ is a poor modern organ, amplified electronically (to fill the immense space, and cover the high background noise of the Basilica), just for religious service, and doesn't have any ambition of being a concert instrument.

(I know because I played it during a mass with my Choir, long time ago...but I'm NOT a Vatican Organist, please avoid confusion... )

Re: Vatican Warning: Organ Fraud

Fabio, You too are a Vatican organist! Hail Fabio!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Fabio, You too are a Vatican organist! Hail Fabio!
    Hail Fabio!

His real name is Fazzio.

I've played with the Papal Organ, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt...

Go Back to forum