• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Altiverb for Windows: A first result

Share/Bookmark

Altiverb for Windows: A first result

BWV 29, Sinfonia-Arrangement
    Arrangement and Mix: Beat Kaufmann

A final Mixdown with 3 depths (Altiverbs)
    Vienna Konzerthaus / Mozartsaal

Orchestra: Vienna Instruments
    Chamberstrings
    SoloStrings
    Woodwinds1 (2x FrenchOboes)
    Brass 1 (Trumpet-, Trombone-, Horn- Ensemble and Tuba)
    Brass 2 (Piccolo Trumpet, Contrabass Tuba)
    Percussion (Snare-Ensemble, Schwirrholz, Rainmaker, div. Percussion-Instruments)

Thank you very much to the team of AudioEase

All the best
    Beat Kaufmann

Re: Altiverb for Windows: A first result

Beat,

Could you provide a comparison between GigaPulse and Altiverb?

Thanks
    Craig Duke

My Windows Media Player 10 refuses to play this piece with an error message, after giving a few seconds of garbled sound.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    My Windows Media Player 10 refuses to play this piece with an error message, after giving a few seconds of garbled sound.
    Hallo Peter
    I use Windows' MediaPlayer10 as well - without a problem.
    Nevertheless I've restored the file with a lower resolution and
    shorted the infomation with mp3-Tag. So the mp3-file is
    smaller than 10MB.

Try again please

Beat Kaufmann

Quote Originally Posted by csduke
    Beat,
    Could you provide a comparison between GigaPulse and Altiverb?
    Thanks
    Hi Craig
    I don't know whether this makes sense or not. I don't have the Mozart Hall (Konzerthaus Vienna) with Gigapulse. By the way that's one reason why I changed to Altiverb (With Gigapulse you have 1 - 3 Rooms/Halls which are OK for orchestras).
    So you can't compare a Gigapulse-mixdown with one of the Altiverb.

Instead of Gigamix: "Gigapulse - experiences":
    Perhaps you know that you are able to set 18 fix positions with Gigapulse. Some positions do have an unnatural sound or they get in resonance with the music. So they whistle with the current audio signals. In other words I can't use all these 18 points with Gigapulse. Tascam should make now a next revision of Gigapulse, and offer more rooms. Beside this faults and limits you can have very good sound qualities too.
    Nevertheless when I work with Gigapulse I have the feeling that I use a Beta-Phase PlugIn. To be fair I also must record the fact, that Gigapulse costs the half of Altiverb.
    Beat

The verb sounds good, but I'm distracted by the quality of the brass...

i am also new to audioease's altiverb since on PC and must say i am very inpressed so far

I am still thinking it is all about using the right IR's and not so much about the plugin. I think you can get equally good results with Pristine Space as long as you have good IR libraries. That's really a major advantage of getting AltiVerb: they simply also include an excellent IR library, whereas other plugins don't.
    Another remark: don't overestimated "real" space IR's. Beside the hall, they also include the sound of the mics, the speakers used, the type of sweep or gunshot, etc. IR's from traditional devices like the Lex and TC 6000 can also result in very good soundshapes, as these devices are still used for professional orchestral recordings, more than AltiVerb.

Here, here.

But no one has done a good Lex IR yet.

Hint to Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    IR's from traditional devices like the Lex and TC 6000 can also result in very good soundshapes, as these devices are still used for professional orchestral recordings, more than AltiVerb.
    Indeed... I have an Eventide GTR4000 that I have made several IR's from. It started out because I only have two channels in the GTR and I wanted to run those effects on more than two tracks. After making IR's of the various effects that I programmed, I find it much easier to just load them instead of having to physically patch into the "real" GTR. Same with my KSP-8 for that matter...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast