• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stradivari Solo Violin will not load; Kontakt 2 crashes

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Stradivari Solo Violin will not load; Kontakt 2 crashes

Hi,

Just purchased Stradivari Solo Violin. I have Kontakt 2.1.1.0.1 I did the Database rebuild in Kontakt after installation and downloaded the v1.07 Stradivari .nki file. Everytime I try to load the stradivari. nki file, Kontakt 2 crashes. Please help!! I have not had any problems loading any of my kontakt instruments (Akoustik piano, etc.) Thanks!

Compman77

Exclamation Stradivari Solo Violin will not load; Kontakt 2 crashes

Hi,

Just purchased Stradivari Solo Violin. I have Kontakt 2.1.1.0.1 I did the Database rebuild in Kontakt after installation and downloaded the v1.07 Stradivari .nki file. Everytime I try to load the stradivari. nki file, Kontakt 2 crashes. Please help!! I have not had any problems loading any of my kontakt instruments (Akoustik piano, etc.) Thanks!

Compman77

Re: Stradivari Solo Violin will not load; Kontakt 2 crashes

Compman,

We'll try to track the problem.

Please contact me by email:

giorgio.tommasini@tin.it

Best regards,

Giorgio

Hi everyone,

The problem of the loading of Solo Stradivari violin into Kontakt 2 was solved by just waiting after the crash. It ends up being that Kontakt 2 was looking for ALL of the Stradivari samples in the wrong hard drive! After a while I was prompted to do either a manual or automatic search of the samples. Once I chose manually the correct hard drive, everything was fine. JUST REMEMBER TO SAVE THE NEW PATCH ONLY under a new name, i.e. "Stradivari working.nki" so that next time you can load the violin in Kontakt 2 with no problems. The "save patch only " option is located as follows:

Load/Save
    Save > Instrument ...
    File Name ....
    Save Mode *** It is here taht you want to make sure to select the patch only option.

So if anyone runs into the same problem, don't worry, you will be fine, just wait until the screen in Kontakt 2 asking to locate the samples. I hope this helps!

Giorgio,

Thanks once again for all your help!

Compman77

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio Tommasini
    Compman,

We'll try to track the problem.

Please contact me by email:

giorgio.tommasini@tin.it

Best regards,

Giorgio

If the IR Samples folder is a subfolder of The Stradivari Violin v1.06 Samples folder, and this is a subfolder of the folder, where you keep the .nki files, there should not be a problem, at least on a PC.

Go Back to forum