• Register
  • Help

Topic: BarrieB on TV!

Share/Bookmark

BarrieB on TV!

Hey Barrie - I caught one of your programmes on the BBC this morning as I was sitting in my TravelInn room before a meeting.

Great music - and even better, your music credit came straight after the presenter's credit. Congratulations - all too often the musicians aren't credited at all on TV progs.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: BarrieB on TV!

Hi Richard,

that must have been a bit of a shock! I'm glad it sounded OK out of a TravelInn TV that's a true test of the dubbing mixer!
    It's the third prog in a row where I got second credit (Found / Return to Tuscany) and one that went at a sensible speed and wasn't scrunched up to one side for a clip of the next programme! I'm as surprised as you

And it isn't too bad as a piece either, I promised to send a DVD to Mr. Garritan and I might be able to without wincing

Hope they let you go home soon Rich!!

Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    - all too often the musicians aren't credited at all on TV progs.
    There have been occasions when I've been VERY grateful for that...

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    There have been occasions when I've been VERY grateful for that...
    LOL - Hi Barrie - I caught the first one, too. Nice work. Music fits the programme perfectly. Well done! Sounded great on my big LCD screen.

That Dom's a true cockney cheeky chappie. Wonder what Gary'll make of him?
    Regards
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    That Dom's a true cockney cheeky chappie. Wonder what Gary'll make of him?
    Regards
    Jon
    Jon, I've got it!

I'll just tell Gary all Londoners are like him! That'll make him think twice about his proposed autumn visit. He'll be straight of to Bath to see Joaz

Actually, some of the storylines are quite compassionate and helpful, not all about blagging the best price for consumer goods (Betcha' wished you'd waited before buying that big old LCD, eh?) Needless to say, I'm seeing most of it for the first time myself - I did all the music after just seeing a pilot episode.

regards

Baz

Just parachuted back on the site after a hiatus... Man, I'd love to see some of this stuff Barrie scored.

Hey B man, Wus'up!?

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    Just parachuted back on the site after a hiatus... Man, I'd love to see some of this stuff Barrie scored.

Hey B man, Wus'up!?
    Well, THERE you are, Erik.

Haven't seen sight nor sound of you for ages, was on the point of sending you a PM to make sure you were OK!

There's new stuff on the Power Profile player, if you're interested, the 'Three Olive Trees' cue is another from the programme.. just realised - wrong ******* thread - I'm on about the 'Decision Time' cue on Gary's listening room thread instead! Shall I go out the room and come in again?

Right, since you were so generous to me, I'll try to get hold of a DVD of the programme for you, Erik.

I'd like to know what you make of 'Decision Time' though...

Good to hear you again,

Barrie

Erik,

just checked out your site - REEEAALLY NICE. A bit of a polymath, eh?

I just knew it!

regards

BB

Whoa, OK skipped out a moment remembered I left a thread hanging!!!

Been caught up in a bit of family drama and work stuff. Not quite focused.

Will check this stuff out B!

Thanks on the site, its a work in progress and one of my big distractions right now. I'm working with a developer actually, but its still really hard getting it right. Having trouble with it being too large for Internet Explorer on PCs... We're working a fix. If you visit again reload the page so you don't see the cache of the old version. Posting vids... Eventually...

E.

Go Back to forum