• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: dfh EZdrummer...?

Share/Bookmark

dfh EZdrummer...?

Anyone have this? What are your impressions? Pro's and Con's to it?

It looks GREAT to me -- good-sounding, pre-processed drums, at low cost, though limited in sounds with initial release -- expansions will help but will also cost a butt-load, I'm expecting, by the time you add it all up.

BUT, in the absence of Spectrasonics releasing a multi-sampled drum VSTi, this might be the thing for me... BFD and dfh are great if you want to spend time processing drums -- but I just want the drums to WORK -- I'd much rather spend my time working on the PARTS than sticking compressors and EQs on every "mic" of my virtual kit (i.e., I'm no good at mixing those VSTi's, and want someone else to do the processing for me!).

Anyway, just looking for user's thoughts on EZdrummer.

Re: dfh EZdrummer...?

Yes, we need more info on this product. I'm looking at getting this and/or Stylus RMX with Backbeat for rock/pop drums. I know some would say get them both...

I'm thinking of getting them both too. They seem to complement each other really well.
    Plus, I got a discount on EZdrummer from the Studio magazine here in Sweden. I'm thinking about buying it this weekend.

I have it and I like it. You might like it too, it sounds good and the interface and sound selection are simple. Only a few options for each drum so you don't spend much time hunting through libraries. Responds well to my drumkat and pedals with no discernable latency. You could tweak each sound a lot if you wanted, but I don't think I'll feel the need for that.

For me though it's slow to load and occasionally crashes DP. This may have something to do with me being back in DP 4.12 and 10.2.8 due to an interminable project that's keeping me from updating, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by jrjnsn
    I have it and I like it. You might like it too, it sounds good and the interface and sound selection are simple. Only a few options for each drum so you don't spend much time hunting through libraries. Responds well to my drumkat and pedals with no discernable latency. You could tweak each sound a lot if you wanted, but I don't think I'll feel the need for that.

For me though it's slow to load and occasionally crashes DP. This may have something to do with me being back in DP 4.12 and 10.2.8 due to an interminable project that's keeping me from updating, I don't know.
    I like it. It is perfect for me, although I will be tempted by an add-on with more toms.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    I like it. It is perfect for me, although I will be tempted by an add-on with more toms.

jeffn1
    Looks like the upcoming DFH EZX has five.

The more I watch the demo videos, etc., the more I think this is what am looking for.

It starts out at a great price, too, you know? But just that I'm afraid once you start adding the, uh, "add ons", it will end up being one pricey piece of cake.

We'll see. I think I'm gonna hold off until I see how much they charge for those add-on sets, especially the DFH EZX....

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoTain
    The more I watch the demo videos, etc., the more I think this is what am looking for.

It starts out at a great price, too, you know? But just that I'm afraid once you start adding the, uh, "add ons", it will end up being one pricey piece of cake.

We'll see. I think I'm gonna hold off until I see how much they charge for those add-on sets, especially the DFH EZX....
    The productinfo for the forthcoming EZX's are now updated with screenshots, systemrequirements and price.
    Check it out!
    http://www.ezdrummer.com/prodinfo_ezx.asp

EZdrummer is fantastic. I use it all the time now. The drag and drop MIDI files are really convenient if you want to mock up a quick drum part and because it's MIDI, you can edit it to taste. There's not an abundance of drum kits, but I'd rather have a few functional kits so I can get the track done rather than wading through 30GB of sounds trying to put the perfect kit together only to have the !*?@ plugin crash (BFD comes immediately to mind). Best new addition to my studio my far and I had money left over for a new microphone

Yeah -- I should say, EZ is now at the top of my list, and will be my next purchase, for sure. The expansions are more reasonably priced than I expected, and I've just heard too many good things.

Meanwhile, I've uninstalled BFD -- now considering if it's worth the trouble to sell it -- anyone interested? I have BFD plus the XFL expansion...

Go Back to forum