• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB GPO Script Suite Update

Share/Bookmark

JABB GPO K2 Script Suite Update

The 2.1 update to the JABB GPO Script Suite is available here.

Full version of Kontakt 2 required

http://www.garritan.com/support/JABB...ipt-Suite2.zip

Enhancements include:

JABB GPO Reeds Brass & Woodwinds script
    • integration with the SIPS Vibrato script (Modified SIPS vibrato script included in the zip file) alleviating the need to alter the patches

• Instrument Volume control

• Convolution support.

• Context Help

Drum Set script
    • Separate volume control for the Brush Stir.

Included in the Manual are instructions for altering the Brass Patches allowing CC#64 127 data for Legato without the pitch bending and changing the mono aftertouch parameter to Midi CC#77

The patches from the first zip file should work fine with this update with the exception of the Tenor Sax - very strange sometimes it's ok sometimes no vibrato - perhaps Tom could shed some light on this.

Re: JABB GPO Script Suite Update

Okay. I'm lost. Not that that is unusual.

What exactly is this for?

Per the readme.txt...

Copy the 'JABB GPO Script Suite' folder to your ...\Native Instruments\presets\scripts directory

The scripts will now be selectable from the script menu in the script editor

I have JABB and GPO, but I appear to have no such directory. And where (and what) is the script editor, exactly?

Thanks!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Okay. I'm lost. Not that that is unusual.

What exactly is this for?

Per the readme.txt...

Copy the 'JABB GPO Script Suite' folder to your ...\Native Instruments\presets\scripts directory

The scripts will now be selectable from the script menu in the script editor

I have JABB and GPO, but I appear to have no such directory. And where (and what) is the script editor, exactly?

Thanks!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David,

You need the full version of Kontakt 2, the GPO / JABB Kontakt players do not support scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC
    David,

You need the full version of Kontakt 2, the GPO / JABB Kontakt players do not support scripts.
    Ah!

May I perhaps suggest noting that above. It would be helpful
    to all, I think, to know specifically what an update is updating.

Thanks,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: JABB GPO K2 Script Suite Update

The 2.1 update to the JABB GPO Script Suite is available here.
    Thanks so much for these scripts Mike. What a great tool!

It must have taken many hoursto do this and I appreciate you giving of this time for the benefit of this community. These scripts will prove very useful and help musicians make great music.

Thanks again for sharing this.

Gary Garritan

The patches from the first zip file should work fine with this update with the exception of the Tenor Sax - very strange sometimes it's ok sometimes no vibrato - perhaps Tom could shed some light on this.
    Which tenor sax? Or is it all of them? Feel free to private message me if you have specific problems like this. I'm not sure I'll be able to spot the difficulty but I'll try to take a look.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Which tenor sax? Or is it all of them? Feel free to private message me if you have specific problems like this. I'm not sure I'll be able to spot the difficulty but I'll try to take a look.

Tom
    Tom,

Thanks for your offer but on further investigation I don't think the problem has anything to do with the instruments or programming. I'm pretty sure for whatever reason the CC changes are not making it to the sample engine from the script. I'm trying to reproduce this so I can see if it's just script generated CC changes or control changes from the midi stream as well. This usally breaks after running for awhile - shutting down Kontakt and restarting fixes it. BTW I noticed it with the Lite Tenor Sax's 1 & 3 and the full Tenor Sax1. I also noticed it with some imported sonic implant sound fonts. Strangely with the JABB patches specific instruments stopped working - while with the sound fonts all stopped working at the same time.

Go Back to forum