• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chickensys Fantom Translator not converting akai!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Chickensys Fantom Translator not converting akai!

Hi,
    I have the free fantom translator version to convert akai CDs to fantom format (for use in my Fantom S). Today, i tried converting some patches from a ROLAND CD (The Ultimate Strings Collection - S700 format) to the fantom, and it worked....kindof. It wrote all the samples with their loop points correctly, but i had to manually select all the samples and do "Create multisample". After that, i had to create a patch with the multisample. Then, i had to do minor tweaks such as adjusting attack time, release time, etc. (it was basically zero)

However, i'm happy that atleast the loop points and the default key works properly.

Now, about the akai CD : I have the EWQL Brass CDs and i tried to convert one of them to fantom format. The translator doesnt even RECOGNIZE that the CD is inside the drive! When i popped in my Roland formatted CD, it recognized immediately, but the akai CD, it doesnt! BTW, the CD works, so i know its not the CD. Its in akai format S5000. I have no clue why the translator doesnt even see the cd. Any suggestions?

Re: Chickensys Fantom Translator not converting akai!

Ok, i dont know why you gave me the first link. It just shows your profile. The second link, i've already been to, and it says akai S1000 and S3000. So, I'm still stuck with my akai S6000 CDs then...

What about the roland CD? the translator creates looped wavs, but doesnt create the patch for me. If atleast that worked, i'd be happy.

Oops. Sorry about that first link. I meant for it to be this. http://forums.rolandclan.info/?actio...6&fid=1&page=1

Go Back to forum