• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume control of individual parts of a Stylus RMS Multi

Share/Bookmark

Volume control of individual parts of a Stylus RMS Multi

I must be missing something here. When I try to control the volume of individual parts of a Stylus RMS Multi, it changes everything globally. I am using Logic - setup as per video tutorial and using the individual multi channels in the arrange page.

Is it not possible? Or did I miss something simple?

Thanks!

Re: Volume control of individual parts of a Stylus RMS Multi

Hi. I trhink once you use the individual outs such as different outs for each part of the mutli. You have to use the channels volume. In Logic that would become a bit different in that the source volume is what dictates the recording level. And the channels' volume slider controls the level of each track so you can get the mix as you wish.So as I understand it you will have to adjust the level of each out of the multi using the edit page for each. Use the volume on the edit page to get the signal hot enough. Then use Logics' channel strip volume for blending the mix. I read it somewere or other. Check the help section in RMX. It is very thorough in ways the video tutorials are not. JON

Thanks Jon,

Hadn't thought about routing them to aux's or other outputs. That would surely do it.

I figured I was just overlooking something.

Cheers!

Hi.M. No.If you watch the logic video it shows using a multi in the enviroment. So no need for aux stuff at present. Follow the video and then use the RMX edit page for each track in RMX for volume adjustment. Savvy? JON...PS best to download the video specific tutorial and open both that and Logic. That way you can follow along and use pause to take advantage of the set-up/ J

Sorry, Jon, I think you misunderstood. I have the videos and watched them. I'm not looking to just set the levels and leave them. I want to automate the levels so I can fade them in and out, etc. When I hyperdraw the volume on one of the multi's channels, it affects all the channels. Hence my dilema!

Hi Matt. Sorry bout that. But are you dragging the midi data from each track in RMX into Logic? And then can not apply the drawing of dynamics without all the other tracks volumes being affected. I'm confused,as you noted.JON

Yes, that's exactly my problem. I assumed, being on different midi channels the automation would be separate.

Hi Matt. So,If you have,let's say. A 3 part multi in RMX. You have each output assigned to a different group.(ab-cd etc.) Then drag and drop into individual slots in a multi instrument in Logic. You can't do individual automations for each track? Are the tracks appearing in the multi within RMX correctly? I have found that even after saving a multi.When I recall it the original assignments are not correctly retained. This is one more thing to try. (I am out the door to a prior engagement so can't stay any longer). Assign instead of the obvious AB as the first slot. Assign the first track slot in RMXs' output as CD and go from there. Got to go. Hope this dilemna is easly solved. JON

It's definitely doable.

The problem is that Logic overrides MIDI CC7 (MIDI Volume messages) for it's own Mixer Channels...so those messages are never passed to the plug-in.

So you have to use MIDI controllers other than #7 or #10 to do the level/pan adjustments per part within RMX's mixer.

See the "MIDI Learn" and "Setting up a hardware controller" video tutorials for more info.

spectrum

Thanks Eric!

As always your help is gold! - just like you software!!

Go Back to forum